• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This Team and Your Expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

wake me up when that happens.

how do you compare barely beating bottom dwellers of this conference to the big east days or even c-usa when we were beating highly ranked teams like WVU, UofL, Auburn, Kansas,FSU , etc.not to mention conference foes like Pitt, TCU,etc? Hell when holtz first got here we were beating the likes of Clemson, Notre Dame, etc. and I can't stand what Holtz did to this program. he was awful.

If Leavitt could win 8 to 9 games regularly in a MUCH stronger conference with this program with far less resources then I don't think it's asking much to expect 9-10 wins a season in this god awful conference especially if we load our schedule with P5 cupcakes OOC.

Again all I expect out of our team is to improve from the beginning of the season up to the end. I couldn't care less what our record is. I haven't see much improvement from the coaches or the players. Same sloppy play. Same mental mistakes. Same conservative play calling in crucial situations. we always come out flat. If we have the better athletes, we win(not to tough to have better athletes in this conference. we win-even if barely against much lesser competition). if we don't then we generally lose

Last I checked we are winning games in the 9/10 range now.

46 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

November...I'm hoping that we are no worse than another 10-2 season. This means no more half-ast football during the next three games.  Beating ucf at the end would be something for this team to hang it's hat on for next year and..depending, maybe slip us into a rematch with Houston??

November...cold, blustery weather. I'm sure everyone remembers how we seem to falter when playing in cold weather. Temple and Cincy could be real cold by then. It has been a thing in the past. Remember Strong saying in an interview last year how the team was worried about having long sleeves for an upcoming cold weather game? (poss bowl).

Maybe this is a new generation of players who can overcome this odd cold weather curse. 

We have been doing pretty well in colder temps for the past three years. Certainly better than the CJL years.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

3 hours ago, Bull94 said:

Early in the Holtz years, late in the Taggart years and at various times in the leavitt years you had the feeling we could beat anybody. I get the feeling that we could lose to anybody now. we constantly play undisciplined, sloppy football. we play down to our competition. we never come out motivated. We don't seem to be learning from our mistakes. Whether it is conservative play calling on the offensive side(RB between tackles on 3rd and goal from the 10 in crucial spot) or the conservative nature of our defense when we have them in 3rd and long, I just don't think the coaches or players are learning from their mistakes. I couldn't care less about our record only that they(both coaches and players) are showing improvement week to week. I'm not seeing it.

Couldn't agree more. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Bull94 said:

Early in the Holtz years, late in the Taggart years and at various times in the leavitt years you had the feeling we could beat anybody. I get the feeling that we could lose to anybody now. we constantly play undisciplined, sloppy football. we play down to our competition. we never come out motivated. We don't seem to be learning from our mistakes. Whether it is conservative play calling on the offensive side(RB between tackles on 3rd and goal from the 10 in crucial spot) or the conservative nature of our defense when we have them in 3rd and long, I just don't think the coaches or players are learning from their mistakes. I couldn't care less about our record only that they(both coaches and players) are showing improvement week to week. I'm not seeing it.

Pretty much this is how I feel. I STILL don't see anybody on the schedule that we can't beat. Although watching this team every week I don't feel comfortable with ANYBODY left on our schedule.

I said at the beginning of the season that a loss to any team doesn't hurt UNLESS that loss is due to USF beating USF. I hurt.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

wake me up when that happens.

how do you compare barely beating bottom dwellers of this conference to the big east days or even c-usa when we were beating highly ranked teams like WVU, UofL, Auburn, Kansas,FSU , etc.not to mention conference foes like Pitt, TCU,etc? Hell when holtz first got here we were beating the likes of Clemson, Notre Dame, etc. and I can't stand what Holtz did to this program. he was awful.

If Leavitt could win 8 to 9 games regularly in a MUCH stronger conference with this program with far less resources then I don't think it's asking much to expect 9-10 wins a season in this god awful conference especially if we load our schedule with P5 cupcakes OOC.

Again all I expect out of our team is to improve from the beginning of the season up to the end. I couldn't care less what our record is. I haven't see much improvement from the coaches or the players. Same sloppy play. Same mental mistakes. Same conservative play calling in crucial situations. we always come out flat. If we have the better athletes, we win(not to tough to have better athletes in this conference. we win-even if barely against much lesser competition). if we don't then we generally lose

We was in a P5 conference for **** near a decade. If Taggart or Strong had that to assist them in recruiting we would have been a powerhouse. the Big East years was FULL of underachieving  USF teams.  Everytime we were ranked we lost the next game. The IRONY of this all is that we actually did lose 4 out of our last 5 games EVERY year during that era! lol Hell We didnt make any noise in C-USA either

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

15 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We was in a P5 conference for **** near a decade. If Taggart or Strong had that to assist them in recruiting we would have been a powerhouse. the Big East years was FULL of underachieving  USF teams.  Everytime we were ranked we lost the next game. The IRONY of this all is that we actually did lose 4 out of our last 5 games EVERY year during that era! lol Hell We didnt make any noise in C-USA either

We have never made any noise in any conference. We have a won a few big games, but we also have an empty trophy case.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

37 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

not sure why people think that recruits flocked to big east teams(6th best conference) anymore than they d0 AAC teams(6th best conference). Recruits don't turn us down to sign with Alabama now just because we are in the AAC.

Fact is the top 5 conferences have always signed better recruits than our conference has on average.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

This team (or any team for that matter) and my expectations will align at the same time that my employer aligns with my expectations.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

5 hours ago, Bull94 said:

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Last I checked we are winning games in the 9/10 range now.

Have to remember you're dealing with folks who already have us penciled in for 3 more losses this year ...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Have to remember you're dealing with folks who already have us penciled in for 3 more losses this year ...

That’s true...Jesus some on this board are so depressing...