• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This Team and Your Expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We're coming to the home stretch and the team is 7-1 but the important question is, "Where is that compared to your preseason expectations?".   

For me we are slightly "ahead of schedule" compared to the 9-3 prediction I had.  I had us losing to GaTech, Houston, and C with Cinci and Temple being dangerous games.   As it stands now I fully expect us to split Temple/Cinci and it doesn't look like we have the horses to take out C this season (although it's a rivalry game so anything can happen).   I think we are right on track and where we should be in a season where we lost a ton of leadership and production on both sides of the ball.  

What about you?  Where did you have us coming into the season recordwise?  Are we ahead or behind schedule?   

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I expected 8-4 to 9-3 at the start of the season but losses are never easy. However these 7 wins so far this season are the most frustrating wins I have ever seen as a Bulls fan.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

2 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

I expected 8-4 to 9-3 at the start of the season but losses are never easy. However these 7 wins so far this season are the most frustrating wins I have ever seen as a Bulls fan.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^    

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Early in the Holtz years, late in the Taggart years and at various times in the leavitt years you had the feeling we could beat anybody. I get the feeling that we could lose to anybody now. we constantly play undisciplined, sloppy football. we play down to our competition. we never come out motivated. We don't seem to be learning from our mistakes. Whether it is conservative play calling on the offensive side(RB between tackles on 3rd and goal from the 10 in crucial spot) or the conservative nature of our defense when we have them in 3rd and long, I just don't think the coaches or players are learning from their mistakes. I couldn't care less about our record only that they(both coaches and players) are showing improvement week to week. I'm not seeing it.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  685
  • Days Won:  2

Before the season I had GT and UCF as toss-ups, but fully expected wins in every other game. After every game, however, my expectations have shifted closer to reality. I expected a loss to Houston (doesn't make it any easier) and expect a loss to UCF (rivalry game, so who knows). But now I have Cincy and Temple as toss ups. I predict a 9-3 record.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Early in the Holtz years, late in the Taggart years and at various times in the leavitt years you had the feeling we could beat anybody. I get the feeling that we could lose to anybody now. we constantly play undisciplined, sloppy football. we play down to our competition. we never come out motivated. We don't seem to be learning from our mistakes. Whether it is conservative play calling on the offensive side(RB between tackles on 3rd and goal from the 10 in crucial spot) or the conservative nature of our defense when we have them in 3rd and long, I just don't think the coaches or players are learning from their mistakes. I couldn't care less about our record only that they(both coaches and players) are showing improvement week to week. I'm not seeing it.

Agree

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

7 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

This has been my biggest concern since CCS and company arrived.   Lot's of lingering issues that they can't get corrected (tackling, penalties, player enthusiasm/engagement, mental errors) and it seems like who the team is week 1 is who it will be in week 13.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

This has been my biggest concern since CCS and company arrived.   Lot's of lingering issues that they can't get corrected (tackling, penalties, player enthusiasm/engagement, mental errors) and it sees like who the team is week 1 is who it will be in week 13.  

This is how I feel. It’s like as long as they were winning they acted like there wasn’t a problem from their company coaching and that it was all players and execution.  57 points isn’t on the players. 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

42 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

We spent almost a decade in the Big East and 2 years as C-USA and never got past 9-4. A majority of our games were lost in the 2nd half of the season. Besides USF being in a better conference back then,  we are having  waaay much more success NOW.  I swear, I can't exactly figure out what "glory years"  we had to be so butt hurt about our current team. If we play a complete game, i feel we can beat anybody. 

image.png.e1265e8c146a8bb4cf0407600f53d6aa.png