• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kendal Briles Offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Calibull said:

At least the loss is out of the way... now I can just sit and watch the young guys get better.  I don't care about Houston's offense, I think once Barnett really picks it up... we'll be good.  I like the way Ford moves through the plays we have.  I like the running game and much of the passing game, I just don't like the play calling at times.  I like the way Cronkrite hits the holes and accelerates, he understands the blocking scheme.  I like our offense, I just don't like the play calling.  

I really like the 1-2 punch of Cronkrite & Ford. Ford is probably the most pleasant surprise this season. He wasn't really on the radar for me in week one. The passing game could use some more quick slants/over the middle passes. An awful lot of our passes are to the boundaries it seems...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

32 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I really like the 1-2 punch of Cronkrite & Ford. Ford is probably the most pleasant surprise this season. He wasn't really on the radar for me in week one. The passing game could use some more quick slants/over the middle passes. An awful lot of our passes are to the boundaries it seems...

This is by design for the hb dive or zone read

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

Ya know we all ***** and moan but we were kinda relived that our coaching staff stayed together for the first time ever. And we just took the worst asswhoopin in our collegiate lives. Why? BJM is making a king’s ransom for a salary and has let every team and their mommas run buck wild on us. No improvement, bad tackling, missed gap assignments...not impressed with BJM.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I read his wiki page on what he said to that recruit, and how he may have encouraged what was going on there, which is just mind blowing. Agree that it's a bit surprising that anyone would hire a guy with THAT kind of baggage. Just goes to show you that if you're good enough, some programs will overlook about anything.

I’m glad USF doesn’t hire coaches like this. Winning is important, but I want us to do it with class. I like that our coaches (in all sports) appear to be good rolemodels  

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I honestly had an idea he'd contribute this season.  He was that good in high school.  I'm also so glad we flipped him from the school he originally committed to.. ECU.  When he signed he was listed as the steal of the recruiting class.  He was considered the best RB in Miami last season... his size was the only reason he didn't get big offers.  But he's a baller.  I agree... we have a legitimate 1-2 punch where both are  home run threats but have completely different styles.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I honestly had an idea he'd contribute this season.  He was that good in high school.  I'm also so glad we flipped him from the school he originally committed to.. ECU.  When he signed he was listed as the steal of the recruiting class.  He was considered the best RB in Miami last season... his size was the only reason he didn't get big offers.  But he's a baller.  I agree... we have a legitimate 1-2 punch where both are  home run threats but have completely different styles.  

Would have loved to see those two with Bell this year...another version of the three headed monster. I think it’s pretty clear now Bell is headed for a medical redshirt.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Would have loved to see those two with Bell this year...another version of the three headed monster. I think it’s pretty clear now Bell is headed for a medical redshirt.

Yeah...  That's going to be some backfield next season.  Bell is the fasted back.  That guy from Georgia Tech did it...watch the game and you can see him purposely twist his ankle.  Was cheap.  But yeah... Bell is also a completely kind of speed.  We will literally, in a figurative sense, have a three headed monster. 

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

5 hours ago, Calibull said:

You've been talking about him since we signed him. It took me watching him last week to realize what a special back he is/can become here if we utilize him properly.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

19 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There are many boycotting Hou home games because they hired that scum bag. But yeah, I like the play calling. 

SJWs know nothing about football, so why should we care what they think? They'd ban football and Western Civilization if they could 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

SJWs know nothing about football, so why should we care what they think? They'd ban football and Western Civilization if they could 

Leavitt would've hired him in a second. If we had an OC like Briles when we were in the BE, we would have never been in this crappy conference in the first place.

• Upvote 1