• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Over Memphis...Better for Us?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

So about that guarantee that ucf's success will benefit USF?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Just replying to let you know that I’m not reading your reply because it’s a waste of time.

So is cheering for people directly competing with us for resources but you seem to enjoy that for some reason.

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

So about that guarantee that ucf's success will benefit USF?

I’m willing to guarantee you it won’t.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

35 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I doubt the Big 12 would want another island school like West Virginia (as an example). I think if one of us gets extended an offer then the other one does as well. Maybe “package deal” isn’t the correct terminology but that’s essentially what I meant.  

From what I gathered during a recent visit to Norman,  there really isn’t any interest in adding any FL teams to the B12.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Who said that? I only said that joining the P5 would be as close as we could get to guaranteeing success. I love how the hatred for UCF has blinded so many on this board and apparently impacted reading comprehension. I feel like I’m watching FOX News.

Yeah, you don’t have to reply anymore. You have no credibility on this topic.

I asked if you have a guarantee that ucf's success benefits USF.  You got it or not?

You might want to stop trying to insult people.  Kind of hurts your "credibility"

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Who said that? I only said that joining the P5 would be as close as we could get to guaranteeing success. I love how the hatred for UCF has blinded so many on this board and apparently impacted reading comprehension. I feel like I’m watching FOX News.

Yeah, you don’t have to reply anymore. You have no credibility on this topic.

I am far more credible and grounded in reality than you are. You have created an imaginary narrative where UCF are intertwined and the benefit of one is the benefit of the other. This flies in the face of logic, reason and history and the burden of proof to convince people that going against their self interest is somehow long term in their best interest falls solely on you. There is just as good a chance if not greater that a more successful UCF could leave us behind where there is no reason to believe if they get a winning ticket to the promise land it’s a two person ticket or that we are the best friends going with them. USF success and USF success alone is our best shot at any future glory whether it in the G5 or getting called up to the big leagues.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I don’t doubt it. It just seems that would be the most likely of the landing spots relative to the other four P5 conferences. Texas still has so much pull in the conference that nothing happens without their day so, and expect that conference to always be reactive rather than proactive.

As soon as TX goes independent, OK to the SEC, WVU to the AAC, KU to the Big 10, and OSU to the PAC10, sure USF and UCF will go to the Big12...of course it will be called AAC 2.0....

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

As soon as TX goes independent, OK to the SEC, WVU to the AAC, KU to the Big 10, and OSU to the PAC10, sure USF and UCF will go to the Big12...of course it will be called AAC 2.0....

TX, OU, OSU, and either TCU or Tex Tech to Pac12, Ku to B10, WVU, Baylor and the passed over schools go to the AAC

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

TX, OU, OSU, and either TCU or Tex Tech to Pac12, Ku to B10, WVU, Baylor and the passed over schools go to the AAC

I think we move to the Big12 with four or five remaining due the Big 12 brand being more recognized than the AAC. Also it allows the Big12 to add better teams (Boise/BYU) than the AAC has (looking at Tulsa, Tulane, ECU, etc.). It would be better being in a 12 team Big12 than a 16 team AAC. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull