• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Over Memphis...Better for Us?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Your first post:

Paragraphs are your friends ....

I feel paragraphs do not present the tone my rants try  to convey. Runon sentences and and one solid flow of thought in a giant block are my friends.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,605
  • Days Won:  424

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I feel paragraphs do not present the tone my rants try  to convey. Runon sentences and and one solid flow of thought in a giant block are my friends.

Maybe you should use all caps instead .....

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Ok James Joyce!

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

It only helps us if we are not the team forging it, and we certainly don't benefit from it anywhere near than if we were the one forging it. Right now, UCF is the closest to forging that path. I wish it were us, but its not. Its not that can't be us - it can be - it's just that they're ahead right now so I am drawing off of that trajectory.

But what’s the value of it being sooner? Why not just hope that if it happens that it’s us and should we never get there at least being thankful that no one else in our situation has accomplished what we haven’t? As you noted the ultimate good for USF would be for us to break thru the glass ceiling so why not just wait for that to happen instead of hoping someone else does it and we maybe lucky enough to be able to draft off of them?

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Maybe you should use all caps instead .....

People get all butt hurt about internet “yelling”, I guess lots of people rely on text to talk.

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Ok James Joyce!

One day I will make my USF football Ulysses, until then the similarities will probably end at drinking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Meant to say we ibenefit the most if we ARE the team forging it.

There is a significant amount of value in it happening sooner - revenue, scheduling, interest, coverage. Of course I want it be us, but you're letting ego drive strategic decision making. If there are any alternate paths to accelerate USF’s progression in the world of college football  other than us blazing that trail then I want those to be explored. 

I guess you don’t want the AAC to be elevated to P6 because it means 11 other teams would benefit, you don’t want any of the NY6 bowl money UCF earned last year, or when the TV contract is renegotiated we shouldn’t want any more money if others in the conference are contributing to the increase.

I suspect you are trolling at this point since no one one would be so stupid to not want USF to succeed if it meant others in our conference benefited. If you want everyone else in the conference to fail so badly you should tell Michael Kelly to take us independent.

Maybe that’s where the disconnect is. If I thought there was any chance at there being a P6 perhaps I could be swayed in your direction but as it currently stands we are more than 10x removed from the closest P5 conference and right beside the rest of the G5. I do not see how there could be enough the AAC could do that would compel the powers that be to give up their money and power to us. Further more if one team was responsible for closing that gap it would be cheaper and more likely for that team to get called up than for the entire conference to, see the falling apart of the BEAST when it became time to pay us.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

43 minutes ago, puc86 said:

But what’s the value of it being sooner? Why not just hope that if it happens that it’s us and should we never get there at least being thankful that no one else in our situation has accomplished what we haven’t? As you noted the ultimate good for USF would be for us to break thru the glass ceiling so why not just wait for that to happen instead of hoping someone else does it and we maybe lucky enough to be able to draft off of them?

PUC, you have been on it lately.  Are you alright? 

11 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

PUC, you have been on it lately.  Are you alright? 

A7E506C2-1D42-454A-82F2-820905A5F5F6.jpeg