• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Over Memphis...Better for Us?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I prefer the lonely dancer girl but the gif is bigger than I can post. The  UCF sad Thanksgiving was happy and good for USF. Capping off their defeated season does far more for our program and should be far more enjoyable to our fans than capping off an undefeated season for them.

yea, but for me, dancing implies joy and I prefer the look utter defeat in the "beat somebody" guy. He knew what was going to happen, and its still got him. But I agree, all that "better for our conference" mumbo jumbo goes out the window for me when I can't help but scream at the Memphis coach for blowing the game. It robbed me the opportunity to crack open a celebratory beer and I had to settle for just another beer. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

yea, but for me, dancing implies joy and I prefer the look utter defeat in the "beat somebody" guy. He knew what was going to happen, and its still got him. But I agree, all that "better for our conference" mumbo jumbo goes out the window for me when I can't help but scream at the Memphis coach for blowing the game. It robbed me the opportunity to crack open a celebratory beer and I had to settle for just another beer. 

Idk I think she was a performance artist and it was a very nuanced piece. Dancing is supposed to be joyous and typically an activity enjoyed with others, just like a football game. Sometimes life gets in the way of expectations and you are left alone facing the darkest of times, what is one to do? Billy Idol and dancing girl say “dancing with myself”, you just have to love that she is there dancing alone in an entirely empty section of a football stadium. There is no sadder moment than when a celebratory beer transforms into a sorrow erasing beer.

7 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I don’t have the energy to debate this topic anymore, especially since it will be 2023 at the earliest before something meaningful happens with realignment.  I’ll just clarify my thoughts as to what I would like to see.

But the part that is hard to understand is why you would like to see anything beyond USF moving up? How does UCF being included benefit USF in anyway or make the move better for you as a USF fan?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

But the part that is hard to understand is why you would like to see anything beyond USF moving up? How does UCF being included benefit USF in anyway or make the move better for you as a USF fan?

If anything opens up there will only be one spot. No handholding, twinsy shirts, or whatever other nonsense people think. Just straight up

this-is-sparta_o_597391.jpg

14 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

If anything opens up there will only be one spot. No handholding, twinsy shirts, or whatever other nonsense people think. Just straight up

this-is-sparta_o_597391.jpg

95AFE47A-2C6A-4BD9-8D15-56E73F46B760.png

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

95AFE47A-2C6A-4BD9-8D15-56E73F46B760.png

Idk why some people want to build this game up and think that the two of us being undefeated is good. For who aside from a league that will never get us anywhere? We just need to take care of our business and dismantle them any time they lineup against us. If we aren’t playing them then we shouldn’t care that they exist 

3 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Idk why some people want to build this game up and think that the two of us being undefeated is good. For who aside from a league that will never get us anywhere? We just need to take care of our business and dismantle them any time they lineup against us. If we aren’t playing them then we shouldn’t care that they exist 

Some people do not think we are good enough to get there on own, so they make fairytales about some other team helping to carry us to the promised land. Sadly football is a zero sum game, a dog eat dog world, and the only way we are going anywhere is of our own volition. If we don’t appear to be the best of the rest at this moment we better get there and get there in a hurry. One way for this to happen is for us to do everything we can to build our success and the other way for it to happen is for all likely situated teams to fall flat on their faces, I actively cheer for both as both are ultimately beneficial to us.

44 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Some people do not think we are good enough to get there on own, so they make fairytales about some other team helping to carry us to the promised land. Sadly football is a zero sum game, a dog eat dog world, and the only way we are going anywhere is of our own volition. If we don’t appear to be the best of the rest at this moment we better get there and get there in a hurry. One way for this to happen is for us to do everything we can to build our success and the other way for it to happen is for all likely situated teams to fall flat on their faces, I actively cheer for both as both are ultimately beneficial to us.

there-can-be-only-one-194097.jpg

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,605
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

Really? I honestly thought my first post was our best,

Your first post:

21 hours ago, puc86 said:

I’m running out of ways to try to drive home how nonsensical and absurd this idea is. I offer my Pascal’s wager variant whereby if USF does everything better than everyone else in the G5 and there is realignment we more than likely get selected over everyone we exceeded and if there is no realignment then we still exceed them and get to live peacefully as the greatest of the misfit toys and a steady stream of NY6 bowls. If we have others do better than us than if there is realignment we are likely not selected over those that have stronger resumes and if there is no realignment we get to be passed over for NY6 games in order to watch those we unwisely cheered for take what could have conceivably been our position. In every instance whether there is expansion or not it’s better for us to be successful and anyone likely situated to us to fail as miserably as possible. There is zero instances of anyone being brought into the P5 as a team and no instance of anyone with P5 decision making power ever expressing remote interest in doing so. USF is best off with USF doing well and UCF falling off a cliff and dying as better off together is nothing short of internet fodder nonsense. If you think any conference that hasn’t been willing to even bite on one of us is going to be willing to roll the dice on their careers and their media dollars to take two of us so they can get one game a year that may or may not have any meaning or interest I have beeper futures I would love to sell you. If our new logo has taught us anything it’s that fortune favors the bold and it’s being ambitious that leads to success not hoping and praying to follow the path and be dragged by the coattails of some never has been. Let’s say you met your wife out and you thought you didn’t stand the best of chances would it have been a better idea to throw caution to the wind, lay your cards out and pray for the best or to talk up your friend you think for whatever dumb reason is better than you, hope he ***** her long enough for you to gain favor and then try to slide in as she is around more with him? Being a beta trying to ride others success is never a good, safe or long sighted plan. It’s shear lunacy and UCF’s success can only come at a cost to us. This is a zero sum game and for us to win we need as many people to lose as possible, every win or success they can have is always to our detriment.

Paragraphs are your friends ....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

If nothing else it shows a path for other G5 schools. I think there are other benefits I explained about as well as I could and about as much as I am going to, in the replies to your prior posts. You do not agree, so instead of me trying to explain it again and again I’m fine with you disagreeing, not understanding or some combination of both.

I have no problem respectfully disagreeing with people but the part I’m just not following is why it’s important to see a path for G5 schools prior to us forging it. How does it help us to have any other G5 team that isn’t us have success on the national scale over P5? Should we ever get there on our own it will be on our merits and I don’t think any other G5 having been there before will way heavily in the equation. Let’s say UCF makes the playoffs this season and gets the breaks beat off of them do you honestly think people will then say they blazed a path or will say they are a cautionary tale to keep the G5 and us out for life?