• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Over Memphis...Better for Us?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I agree that in the current environment the idea of the P6 is more aspirational that realistic. For it to happen though we’d need one of two scenarios to play out:

• The AAC goes undefeated or close to it in non-conference play over an extended period of time AND we are packing stands AND we are getting eyeballs on TV’s (not going to happen)
  • Make the gap between the AAC and the P5 smaller than the gap between the AAC and the rest of the P5 by raiding the Mountain West Conference and killing off our closest competition. If Aresco had any balls he would take everyone in the AAC, other than Tulsa and Tulane, and merge with 4 schools from the MWC and form a new conference. The gap between that new look conference and the P5 would be a lot smaller than new look conference and the rest of the G5. But the Mountain West must die and then we’d need to still crush non-conference play, attendance and eyeballs.

I can’t knock you for having dreams, it just seems like to big of a leap of faith for me to fashion my rooting around but at least I kind of understand where your position is coming from ( not to be confused with agreeing in anyway) and I can now leave it as a civil disagreement instead of complete bewilderment. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I want them undefeated so we can crush their dreams. 

Just now, brybull1970 said:

At least we agree on wanting USF to kick ass.

Ultimately that’s the most important thing even if we disagree over the FACT that other  teams being in complete shambles would mean more ass kicking for our beloved Bulls as opposed to those teams winning national championships and leaving us here to rot alone in the conference that tv money forgot.

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

I want them undefeated so we can crush their dreams. 

When we helped them go defeated twice they looked pretty crestfallen.

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Ultimately that’s the most important thing even if we disagree over the FACT that other  teams being in complete shambles would mean more ass kicking for our beloved Bulls as opposed to those teams winning national championships and leaving us here to rot alone in the conference that tv money forgot.

When we helped them go defeated twice they looked pretty crestfallen.

If we have the dogs on the team I suspect we do they're the kind of guys that like taking things from people. Great teams have rosters full of those kind of guys. They want to ruin somebody's season and crush their hopes and dreams while they laugh at them. 

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

If we have the dogs on the team I suspect we do they're the kind of guys that like taking things from people. Great teams have rosters full of those kind of guys. They want to ruin somebody's season and crush their hopes and dreams while they laugh at them. 

Except what if we are in a position where beating them still results in them going onto the conference championship and a NY6 bowl? We will have won the battle but lost the war and I think they would have more reason to laugh and celebrate than we would. The best way to crush their spirits is to have them thinking they will never win another game again and for any recruit to know they will be losers for life if they ever step foot on that campus. Emboldening them doesn’t destroy them in any way it just continues to grow their hype machine and detract from us.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Except what if we are in a position where beating them still results in them going onto the conference championship and a NY6 bowl? We will have won the battle but lost the war and I think they would have more reason to laugh and celebrate than we would. The best way to crush their spirits is to have them thinking they will never win another game again and for any recruit to know they will be losers for life if they ever step foot on that campus. Emboldening them doesn’t destroy them in any way it just continues to grow their hype machine and detract from us.

Some people like taking things from people, others wait for somebody else to do it. 

6 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Some people like taking things from people, others wait for somebody else to do it. 

#metoo that sounds kind of rapey but the issue with that plan is sometimes when it’s your turn to “take” things the opportunity is already gone. If we care about having more opportunities in life they come around more often when people lose every once and a while. Going undefeated rarely happens in any season of college football so it would be nice to have an occasional room for error.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,368
  • Days Won:  10

I've never been comfortable (or proud) relying on others for my success.   It's as embarrassing as going to another team's BB to thank them for beating a team that beat us.

Have some pride and confidence.  Don't rely on central to somehow secure a Pee5 berth for us.  We need to do that ourselves and central can go pound sand.  I hope they lose everything they ever compete for and we win everything we compete for.  Actually, I don't know why Bulls fans are so obsessed with central.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

#metoo that sounds kind of rapey but the issue with that plan is sometimes when it’s your turn to “take” things the opportunity is already gone. If we care about having more opportunities in life they come around more often when people lose every once and a while. Going undefeated rarely happens in any season of college football so it would be nice to have an occasional room for error.

Awww cute a political diss. Some people want to smash people at their best others hope somebody else does it for them. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

Awww cute a political diss. Some people want to smash people at their best others hope somebody else does it for them. 

That's where I'm coming from. I want us to win and to beat the best teams we can play. UCF being undefeated helps us THIS year if we win and it makes that game better if we both go in 11-0. Hell, I want Milton to be the Heisman front runner when we play them. Some of you want him to be hurt for the game. Jesus, grow a pair and want to beat every team's best. Quit dreaming about whether anything we do right now is going to mean we get a P5 invite in 40 years.

• Like 1