• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Déjà vu all over again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

:WVUonFire:

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

True you see ECU lost to the #4 ranked FCS school in the country and say.....well how good could they be? 

Well ECU pounded UNC. You say UNC is garbage but then UNC just beat Pitt and UNC lost by a TD to a ranked Cal team. Pitt also barely beat GT. So do we really know how good everyone is? 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, usf97 said:

True you see ECU lost to the #4 ranked FCS school in the country and say.....well how good could they be? 

Well ECU pounded UNC. You say UNC is garbage but then UNC just beat Pitt and UNC lost by a TD to a ranked Cal team. Pitt also barely beat GT. So do we really know how good everyone is? 

No. That's why college football is fun and interesting. 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

Last season this board bitched (complained) its way to a 10-2 regular season record.  Where we should have won the Houston game and were in it til the end of the UCF game.

Keep complaining if you want to (granted there are issues with this team), but ultimately wins are what really matters (unless you're Alabama, Ohio State, and apparently, VaTech) and that's what we've done so far.

So what you are saying is...if it ain't broke don't fix it?

Message boarders will continue to find something to ***** about and the South Florida Bulls will continue to win games.

Deal!

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

7 minutes ago, usf97 said:

You bring up valid points.  My only concern is that we beat a ranked FCS team as well, and easily.  I think we'll at least get to see how good Pitt is this weekend. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

We'll let the season play out, but I think ecu is at best a .500 team in our conference and finishes no higher than 4th in the AAC West (quite possibly below .500 and 5th).  If we are a legitimate contender to win the conference and be in a NY6 bowl, then I think we should wax a team like that.   Hopefully it was an aberration and we get rolling in 2 weeks.  Or maybe ecu is much, much better than I think

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  144

The matchups on paper were in our favor. Our offense is better than their defense, and our defense is better than their offense. I thought this would be a higher scoring affair, but I did not expect to blow out ECU. I saw the UNC game and I knew this team would play tough no matter the situation. They are well coached, have a lot of talent, and their line play is better than ours on both sides of the ball. It turns out that they were able to take away our run game almost the entire night. It's really, really hard to move the chains when you continue trying the plays that the defense has sold out to defend. 

Why Gilbert didn't try opening the playbook more this game? No. Effing. Clue. The plays were there. They will all see the missed opportunities on film. This team won this ugly game... I just hope Gilbert realizes there are no "gimmies" and gets a little killer instinct with the play calling. Gotta be way more opportunistic than trying to "force your play calls" down their throat. Take what the defense gives you (unless Barnett was just making the wrong reads -- entirely possible & coachable).

BTW, Hampton, Roberts, and Wilkins looked like superstars out there, and we cleaned up the penalties... and the kicking game was better (minus the blocked XP). 

The defense has looked better each week. The pass defense in this game was outstanding.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

51 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

We'll let the season play out, but I think ecu is at best a .500 team in our conference and finishes no higher than 4th in the AAC West (quite possibly below .500 and 5th).  If we are a legitimate contender to win the conference and be in a NY6 bowl, then I think we should wax a team like that.   Hopefully it was an aberration and we get rolling in 2 weeks.  Or maybe ecu is much, much better than I think

Typo?

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

Wouldn't deja-vu be CJL not able to win the Big East Conference and lose to crap teams?

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Two weeks in a row CCS said the team was not ready to play,. THAT worries me.