• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Needs to Add 2019 Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

I posted this back in May when the  UF/USF series was announced but did not look at 2019 games at the time. 

P5 Schools with openings:

2020:

ACC: (Florida State, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Miami, UNC), Big 12: (TCU), Big Ten: (Rutgers, Northwestern), Pac 12: (UCLA, Southern Cal), SEC: (Vanderbilt, Tennessee, South Carolina, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn), Independent: (Notre Dame)

2021:

ACC: (Boston College, Clemson, Florida State, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, UNC), Big 12: (Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma, Texas Tech), Big Ten: (Maryland, Penn State, Rutgers, Michigan, Iowa, Northwestern, Purdue), Pac 12: (Washington, UCLA). SEC: (Georgia, Missouri, Tennessee, South Carolina, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Texas A&M), Independent: (Notre Dame, BYU)

2023:

ACC: (Boston College, Florida State, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Duke, Pittsburgh, Virginia, Miami, UNC), Big 12: (Kansas, Kansas State, TCU, West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma), Big Ten: (Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Northwestern, Purdue), Pac 12: (Cal Berkley, Oregon State, Stanford, Washington, Washington State, Colorado, Southern Cal, Utah), SEC: (Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, South Carolina, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss), Independent: (Notre Dame, BYU)

With the need for a quality 2019 opponent, the only P5 school that (solely based from fbschedules.com) is available for a 1-1 or 2-1 starting in 2019 would be TCU. FBS teams that are available  for 2019 (fbschedules and might have missed on) are: UAB, FAU, FIU, UTSA, and ULL.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

Look how did we get to the postion to have at least 40k people showing up to game?

A miraculous invite to a BCS conference ...

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, bull2saintleo said:

All of these schools have a full board of 12 games for 2019.  The Big Ten and Big 12 play 9 game conference schedules, so only 3 OOC slots are available every year.

https://fbschedules.com/future-college-football-schedules/

Most P5 teams have a full schedule for 2019, so barring any cancellations the following teams have open dates.

Louisiana-Lafayette, UTSA, UAB, FAU, FIU, and of course the FCS schools.

Ill take FIU if that is the case. Always fun to beat up on little brother. I think all Florida schools should play each other more often.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

4 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

In no way will low tier P5 or high tier G5 teams help us.

Playing the best of the best is how you get noticed and if we lose, so what, we still have the conference championship to play for. It is a win win to play a blue blood type program(unless injuries).

Great point! If we win the conference title and have 1 P5 loss . . . our end result will be no different if we have 2-3 losses.

We need to change our direction and play a tougher schedule.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

I just want to get the best opponents. If we are going to be in a G6 conference, then we need to go hard. The more marquee match ups means more marquee victories (as long as we win them of course). We will attract better recruits If we at least stay 22-25th ranked minimum, 10 wins per season, and contend for the AAC/NY6 yearly. In addition to the accompanying media coverage. I don't care for any more 10/11 win season with schedules ranked in the 100s. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Days Won:  12

I am in the minority clearly in wanting a winnable g5 game at home to treat the fanbase to an extra home game and add revenue 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

With many of our skill players staying after this year, I think stacking the strength of schedule as high as possible would give us the best chance at crashing a NY6 game or (gasp) to be in the playoff discussion. If we can't win them, so be it, we don't deserve to be in those discussions. But if we are good enough, that's our only shot.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715

This is fun trying to pick out potential opponents, but we all know what’s going to happen. It’s a short notice loss of an opponent, we need a home game, and with options limited, we are just going to schedule our annual cupcake FCS team. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715

51 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

With many of our skill players staying after this year, I think stacking the strength of schedule as high as possible would give us the best chance at crashing a NY6 game or (gasp) to be in the playoff discussion. If we can't win them, so be it, we don't deserve to be in those discussions. But if we are good enough, that's our only shot.

Wish we had FSU, UF or Miami on our schedule next season. Good roster to take a shot at one of those programs. 

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Ill take FIU if that is the case. Always fun to beat up on little brother. I think all Florida schools should play each other more often.  

Never want to play FIU again. The way their fans reacted to our linebacker getting hurt at the game that opened their stadium, no thanks.