• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

@ UMass TV Discussion

10 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Okay got the lowdown. Your Brighthouse package that had sports package options is grandfathered in.  As soon as you switch to a new Spectrum package (which provided me many additional channels and premiums at a cheaper rate) it does not include NESN as they no longer have a contract with them. I NEVER watched NESN when I had it and now along comes UMass. Who knew?

Well...I added the sports package the day of the Illinois game... so... maybe I will be out of luck.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I will be at the game but wait until you see the local commercials on NESN for Umass football. I suspect the university is getting about $10k a game for the broadcast rights...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Here’s hoping they have a Polk County watch party again. I missed the Illinois one because we were at Disney. I watched the end of the game while waiting in line at Splash Mountain, hah. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

40 minutes ago, JimUSFSig said:

Well...I added the sports package the day of the Illinois game... so... maybe I will be out of luck.

I think you’re good until you move to a current Spectrum package - Select, Silver or Gold.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Okay got the lowdown. Your Brighthouse package that had sports package options is grandfathered in.  As soon as you switch to a new Spectrum package (which provided me many additional channels and premiums at a cheaper rate) it does not include NESN as they no longer have a contract with them. I NEVER watched NESN when I had it and now along comes UMass. Who knew?

Go to a watch party.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Go to a watch party.

That's what I'm gonna try to do. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

Well, looks like Beef o Bradys in Pensacola once again.

I look forward to the day when you can legally order ANY game, ANY sport online.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

If there is a watch party in the Palm Harbor, Dunedin, Clearwater area let me know.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I've got the grandfathered package that includes NESN but when I went to the 10/6 schedule, didn't see game on 1162. Hopefully that will change ...

Also, as far as the Brighthouse to Spectrum thing, was told by a tech when he came out to definitely not change anything I've got. I have a couple of wifi access points that he says I won't be able to have if I go full new Spectrum since they don't support them. This was a while back so maybe that's changed and they will now .... love me my access points

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I've got the grandfathered package that includes NESN but when I went to the 10/6 schedule, didn't see game on 1162. Hopefully that will change ...

Also, as far as the Brighthouse to Spectrum thing, was told by a tech when he came out to definitely not change anything I've got. I have a couple of wifi access points that he says I won't be able to have if I go full new Spectrum since they don't support them. This was a while back so maybe that's changed and they will now .... love me my access points

Trip has a grandfather package.

Heh heh heh