• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

@ UMass TV Discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89
  • Days Won:  0

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No NESN is a national channel on many cable outlets as well as DirectTV and Dish Network.

https://umassathletics.com/news/2018/8/14/eleven-sports-nesn-to-air-2018-umass-football-home-games.aspx?path=football

This link says it will air regionally on NESN, but nationally on something called eleven. I looked at recent NESN schedules online but couldn't find any umass games listed. 

https://nesn.com/nesn-national-faq/

NESN national says it broadcasts different programming than regional. Just trying to see if I sign up for NESN if I'll be able to watch the game is all...not trying to be argumentative.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, PlantainChipsForMe said:

https://umassathletics.com/news/2018/8/14/eleven-sports-nesn-to-air-2018-umass-football-home-games.aspx?path=football

This link says it will air regionally on NESN, but nationally on something called eleven. I looked at recent NESN schedules online but couldn't find any umass games listed. 

https://nesn.com/nesn-national-faq/

NESN national says it broadcasts different programming than regional. Just trying to see if I sign up for NESN if I'll be able to watch the game is all...not trying to be argumentative.

Yes, ELVN is a part of the sports pac too. It would probably be safer to try and get ELVN.

13 minutes ago, Chem-E-BULL Reaction said:

I don't have cable/Satellite/TV just interwebs and streaming services (Hulu/Sling Tv/DirecTV Now based upon best package for the season in coverage/price I CX after football). Only actual TV I have is a set of rabbit ears, TV bill is <$300/yr I quit paying for tv when COX sent be a bill for $252/mo for basic cable (limited sports) which were mostly preacher channels and infomercials, $85/mo original subscription. bait and switch tactics just irk me just as bad as healthcare pricing.

I just don’t trust streaming yet. Even now I dread a ESPN3 game as it will freeze at times. I pay $70 a month for DirectTV and never have to worry about missing a game. I may cut the cord at some point but not just yet. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes, ELVN is a part of the sports pac too. It would probably be safer to try and get ELVN.

Pretty sure that the Frontier package we have has ELVN.  But that is opening night for the Lightning so will record it at home after watching some of it. Maybe a bar near Amalie will have the game.

34 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Pretty sure that the Frontier package we have has ELVN.  But that is opening night for the Lightning so will record it at home after watching some of it. Maybe a bar near Amalie will have the game.

There are 42 home NHL games, and only 12 regular season college football games. What are you doing going to a lightning game? Especially in October. Hockey season doesn’t start for me until January.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,627
  • Days Won:  6

What ever happened to Vinik’s streaming channel? Maybe he can cut a deal with UMass to stream it to Florida IP’s.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There are 42 home NHL games, and only 12 regular season college football games. What are you doing going to a lightning game? Especially in October. Hockey season doesn’t start for me until January.

Free tickets in a suite happened. Hard to say no to when I'm not attending a USF game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There are 42 home NHL games, and only 12 regular season college football games. What are you doing going to a lightning game? Especially in October.

For me, Bulls home games come over Bucs and Bolts but see no reason at all for missing one of the two pro teams home games for a Bulls away game ....... unless I'm there, like Illinois.

49 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Free tickets in a suite happened. Hard to say no to when I'm not attending a USF game.

Ok free tickets in a suite is acceptable 😂. Hockey is a 12 month sport up here. Thus,  for me it gets a little tiring. With a multitude of AHL, ECHL, and NHL teams in a six hour radius it’s always a topic of discussion...Montreal is about a five hour drive for me. Of course not too many people up here follow college football. 

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

We figure out what channel this is on frontier? Thx in advance