• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

From what has been discussed on the board, podcasts, and blogs I do get the impression that CCS enjoys his position here and is all about the team. No idea what his personal financial aspirations are and there is always a chance he does go for a bigger gig, but the only real threat I see on the radar right now is if Mullen goes 3 and out and UF comes calling, but we have time before then. I would think CCS stays at least through next year while he has a hot QB, after that we will see. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

29 minutes ago, SpeedyBull said:

From what has been discussed on the board, podcasts, and blogs I do get the impression that CCS enjoys his position here and is all about the team. No idea what his personal financial aspirations are and there is always a chance he does go for a bigger gig, but the only real threat I see on the radar right now is if Mullen goes 3 and out and UF comes calling, but we have time before then. I would think CCS stays at least through next year while he has a hot QB, after that we will see. 

USF will simply never give CCS a chance. After Mullen they will go after a young trending coach. Maybe FSU offensive coordintor Bell if he ever gets their offense going

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

made me think how he has become a part of the university.

Would be ideal.  Too often they don't.  If he did, he'd become legendary for USF Football and there is only one man that meets that criteria at this point - LRS.   CJL has been too maligned to be that now, but hopefully some day.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

Hmmm....Skip did beat Miami, Notre Dame, Clemson, and a Charlie Strong-coached Louisville team. He ended up driving the program into the ground (I'm confident Charlie will do the opposite), but Skip actually did have similar wins...

Yes-- he was coaching our team when those games were won. But it is so obvious to me that it was more about the players left over from the CJL team than what Skip brought to the table. Each year-- we got progressively worse as we had less CJL players remaining. Skip inherited a full cabinet of quality players. He left the cupboard practically empty and falling of the wall.

I mean-- he irked me from the very start when he started with his "new era" BS thinking what USF needed was a new way of thinking. Perhaps he meant a new direction in how the players needed to be students first-- I really don't know. I took it as sort of a slight on CJLs program.

When CWT came in-- the best thing he did initially was recruit his butt off. He reloaded the cabinet and yeah-- it was super ugly early on-- tough to coach when you have limited tools. Maybe he got lucky with who he picked up and finally let play the way they needed to == not sure exactly. But when he left, we once again had a team with talented players. CCS inherited that and I felt that first year he was doing a good job as a custodian-- not getting in the way too much of what was a winning formula- even though the offense being forced was not a great fit. Flowers really was what made it work-- he adapted his game but still was allowed (eventually) to be his true dual threat self. Picking up Barnett was a perfect match for the offensive system they want to work with but there are other players who are nice adds as well. I think we are well positioned and moving in the right direction. I did not have that feeling with Holtz. With Taggart == at that point  I would have taken a traffic cone as our head coach instead of CSH. I was suspicious of CCS intentions with the hire-- figured he would be out of here asap -- but he has me turned around in less time than CWT. Never bought into CSH- even with the wins. I could never get over the fact that we fired a guy who beat his teams twice and then paid him more than Leavitt to boot.

That was my take on the coaching changes. I am not saying I am wrong on some of these feelings-- just how my mind was thinking over the course of these past 9 years or so.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

28 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

USF will simply never give CCS a chance. After Mullen they will go after a young trending coach. Maybe FSU offensive coordintor Bell if he ever gets their offense going

Do you mean UF not giving CCS a chance? (as in they won't hire him)

That is how it sounds based on context

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

23 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Do you mean UF not giving CCS a chance? (as in they won't hire him)

That is how it sounds based on context

Yes. As an alumni, we all wanted CCS. If they didnt hire him when he was a hot commodity, they will never hire an older not as popular version of CCS. Im not saying he doesnt deserve 2 coach at UF, they simply dont want him in my eyes

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

By the middle of his second season CCS will have passed CSH and will have a chance at having as many victories as CWT by the end of the season. So after two seasons it’s conceivable that he could be the second winningest coach in USF history and he is already only the second coach in our history with a winning record. We also just won a game that our last two 💩 coaches would lose 100 times out of 100 even if they were spotted the 11 points we won by, if we can’t be optimistic right now when can we?

To say that 2016 USF loses 100 times out of 100 times to an average GT team is the single DUMBEST thing I've ever heard on TBP. xCWT built up enough talent in this program to be ranked consistantly year after year. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

Back to OP, I think his confidence must have taken a knock at Texas, I mean they did lose to Kansas.

I wonder if now after a year of winning under his belt and looking at the shambles Texas is in, it must be a morale booster.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

To say that 2016 USF loses 100 times out of 100 times to an average GT team is the single DUMBEST thing I've ever heard on TBP. xCWT built up enough talent in this program to be ranked consistantly year after year. 

“Single dumbest thing i’ve heard”... welcome to the bullspen ha

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Yes. As an alumni, we all wanted CCS. If they didnt hire him when he was a hot commodity, they will never hire an older not as popular version of CCS. Im not saying he doesnt deserve 2 coach at UF, they simply dont want him in my eyes

Even if he has 3 double digit winning seasons here? and possibly a conference championship or two in a 3 year time span?