• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You think Charlie would do that to me 🤔 At the start of the fourth quarter you could hear all the rumblings in the crowd, everyone knew the game was over and the reason they all felt that way is because they have been trained to expect us to lose these games. I stand by my assertion we would lose this game every time with our last two coaches, convince me otherwise.

While I do think Charlie is a good game day coach, I'm not sure that the fumble recovery and interception was due to his coaching.  In fact, not going for it on 4th and 1 could have cost us the game.  A punt return and one play later, GT was past our original line of scrimmage. 

Edited by NJUSFBULL

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

No "either" about it ... What I said is absolutely true, as is what you said, in terms of TBP.   You've just taken over as leader of the Jilted Lovers group - and it appears to have been a pretty bloody coup.  

Did I win one of these? If so it was totally worth it :) 50182273-919A-4695-A066-6B7D53C54C09.thumb.jpeg.8253e5111d49c9184790b1a6d21ae898.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NJUSFBULL said:

While I do think Charlie is a good game day coach, I'm not sure that the fumble recovery and interception was due to his coaching.  In fact, not going for it on 4th and 1 could have cost us the game.  A punt return and one play later, GT was past our original line of scrimmage. 

Perhaps you are right but when you do more good things than bad, good things have a tendency to find you. CCS appears to be a good game day coach where as CWT and CSH appeared not to be, I really don’t even understand how some people think it’s debatable. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

29 minutes ago, puc86 said:

This is simply not true and if it were Boise would have been called up a decade ago and UCF would have been called up during the last dog and pony show we preformed in. When it comes to the measurables that have actually mattered in conference alignment we are at least on par with UCF and in many cases better. When it comes to school prestige they have more in common with FIU than they do with us. Some fans may care about conference championships but thus far expansion hasn’t at all. What benefit does it bring any other president in the league to try to convince them that you will beat them out of conference victories? Tv market, academic prestige, alumni, money in their pockets that’s the kind of things that speak towards who gets picked vs who doesn’t, not one time has anyone worried about AAC championships because not one person knows or cares about who has ever won one.

In the same respects, we should have been in before WVU and on par with Louisville. By current usnews stats, list of candidates goes Cincy, Uconn, Temple, Houston, USF then UCF. It has a lot to do with money and academics, but it's not everything. At the time of expansion, WVU and Louisville were winning more consistently and Pitt and Syracuse had all of the money. At this point in time a conference is not going to add a non competitive schools. With the CFP being what it is, they want to improve the strength of the conference so they can get a team in the CFP. Yes, I agree that academics l, money and alumni are important, but there is a lot that goes into it, including performance and infrastructure. 

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

We have a better chance at fighting and clawing for the P6 then getting an invite to the P5, at least until the TV GOR expirations in some of the P5 conferences.

10 minutes ago, michibull said:

In the same respects, we should have been in before WVU and on par with Louisville. By current usnews stats, list of candidates goes Cincy, Uconn, Temple, Houston, USF then UCF. It has a lot to do with money and academics, but it's not everything. At the time of expansion, WVU and Louisville were winning more consistently and Pitt and Syracuse had all of the money. At this point in time a conference is not going to add a non competitive schools. With the CFP being what it is, they want to improve the strength of the conference so they can get a team in the CFP. Yes, I agree that academics l, money and alumni are important, but there is a lot that goes into it, including performance and infrastructure. 

I guess if your winning leads to large fanbases that stretch across the nation then sure winning is a factor. Louisville and WVU got in for their fanbases and not simply because they won or else it would have mattered that we routinely beat them both. If winning was any factor Boise would have been in forever ago, it just isn’t unless it leads to fans because fans make money.

1 minute ago, BayIslandBull said:

We have a better chance at fighting and clawing for the P6 then getting an invite to the P5, at least until the TV GOR expirations in some of the P5 conferences.

The P6 is nothing more than a silly slogan it’s not a real thing so says the money, power and access which all has the AAC firmly in the G5 even if it’s teams spend like he P6 is a real thing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, puc86 said:

The P6 is nothing more than a silly slogan it’s not a real thing so says the money, power and access which all has the AAC firmly in the G5 even if it’s teams spend like he P6 is a real thing.

Ok, just for you then

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I guess if your winning leads to large fanbases that stretch across the nation then sure winning is a factor. Louisville and WVU got in for their fanbases and not simply because they won or else it would have mattered that we routinely beat them both. If winning was any factor Boise would have been in forever ago, it just isn’t unless it leads to fans because fans make money.

This is very true. It's a crap shoot for sure. I agree that money is the #1 thing.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Kinda pre-mature to call it not a real thing since contracts have not been re negotiated yet. If the next go around they do not improve then that would be correct.