• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

55 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You must have been on a different board back then. Use the search feature and look at what people had to say about it at the time. Not after he left and everyone got all butthurt.

The Bus was hugely popular

@GaUSFBull 's song on the "popular"link maybe a highlight of this trip down memory lane. 

For 2.5 years everything CWT did was seen as a joke and a mistake to be scoffed at because all we did is lose, lose, lose no matter what. But that wasn't his fault the team just didn't know how to win yet, luckily he tried the zany gimmick called "change your offense that isnt working stupid" and people started to buy in just in time to say bye.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

What is more likely to happen is that Coach Strong leaves. Willie gets the boot from FLorida State and we take him back.  Then he wins back to back 10 win seasons and then takes the next job.  Then we are out of luck unless Shaun King becomes the next Coach Strong.

well with Judy retiring from USF in July 2019, the door may open for CJL to come back as all the people in charge in the admin will be no longer at USF. That probably opens a whole new set of puc86-like posters who were always so hateful about Leavitt.

oh no-- I fear I may have thrown this thread into Defcon 1

11 minutes ago, MikeG said:

well with Judy retiring from USF in July 2019, the door may open for CJL to come back as all the people in charge in the admin will be no longer at USF. That probably opens a whole new set of puc86-like posters who were always so hateful about Leavitt.

Then I will finally rise to my rightful place as king of the board and everything will once again be peaceful in the Bulls kingdom. At least you recognize what I’m actually bitter about and it has nothing to do with CWT, I’m finally trying to warm up to another coach, I feel I’m growing as a person. It only took like eight years.

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, OcalaBull2 said:

0952D4CF-0DF1-4BBF-8040-3AFFF3B472BC.gif

3903EFF0-A66E-4435-8757-6F8F19CFF203.gif

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, MikeG said:

It’s lit... 

CBD38709-2863-4846-AFB1-A316C8B36C97.jpeg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Then I will finally rise to my rightful place as king of the board and everything will once again be peaceful in the Bulls kingdom.

image.png.c546b5ebadddf29d6c665edb28b1e9eb.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

21 hours ago, puc86 said:

The first contract didn’t matter? It’s nothing short of shocking how big the divide is.  It needs to go up exponentially just to catch up. If we doubled our tv money and then doubled it again then doubled it again and then doubled it again we would still be 9x our current yearly payout away from the Big10. It’s not premature it’s just the way it is things will never be the same.

The P6 is the branding effort as a result of the poor contract we had little room to negotiate. I understand (but don't always agree) with your points of view you have been sharing recently but the P6 branding is just that branding and needs to happen as the BACKUP plan instead of putting all our eggs in the next round of expansion basket. Which I doubt we are going to the SEC or PAC12 so that leaves a whopping 3 small doors to hope for. Banging it into the public's heads that we are a higher class than the rest of the MAC CUSA etc's out there is playing into getting us a better contract and having other schools schedule us for "quality of schedule". There is absolutely nothing wrong with this branding approach as it also helps us be the go to conference IF/when there is further expansion. 

1 minute ago, SpeedyBull said:

The P6 is the branding effort as a result of the poor contract we had little room to negotiate. I understand (but don't always agree) with your points of view you have been sharing recently but the P6 branding is just that branding and needs to happen as the BACKUP plan instead of putting all our eggs in the next round of expansion basket. Which I doubt we are going to the SEC or PAC12 so that leaves a whopping 3 small doors to hope for. Banging it into the public's heads that we are a higher class than the rest of the MAC CUSA etc's out there is playing into getting us a better contract and having other schools schedule us for "quality of schedule". There is absolutely nothing wrong with this branding approach as it also helps us be the go to conference IF/when there is further expansion. 

If we get stuck here and it pays off that would be awesome (the it paying off part not the getting stuck here part) I am just tempering my expectations on how well it will. I just can’t see any network overpaying for our product when ESPN will more than likely be contracting their payouts, there isn’t a particularly high demand for our product and the concept of P6 is generally scoffed at. I pray to G-d we do not get left behind and if we do get left behind then I pray I am wrong but I just don’t see it. When the P6 campaign leads to greater payouts, access, bowl games and prestige I will be more impressed but until that day.

7A73430A-A3B6-4759-B10A-72FD4F7928A9.jpeg

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If we get stuck here and it pays off that would be awesome (the it paying off part not the getting stuck here part) I am just tempering my expectations on how well it will. I just can’t see any network overpaying for our product when ESPN will more than likely be contracting their payouts, there isn’t a particularly high demand for our product and the concept of P6 is generally scoffed at. I pray to G-d we do not get left behind and if we do get left behind then I pray I am wrong but I just don’t see it. When the P6 campaign leads to greater payouts, access, bowl games and prestige I will be more impressed but until that day.

7A73430A-A3B6-4759-B10A-72FD4F7928A9.jpeg

Not saying youre wrong, just premature. We have to see the results of the next contract to know if the branding effort has succeeded OR failed. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedyBull said:

Not saying youre wrong, just premature. We have to see the results of the next contract to know if the branding effort has succeeded OR failed. 

It’s not the first time I’ve done something prematurely and it probably won’t be the last. I will simply say the early signs do not seem very promising and I hope our future doesn’t rest in this extreme long shot.