• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

38 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Thank you for understanding my point that conferences want to bring in a marketable and proven rivalry . I don't care for UCF but it adds to our case.

Save your breath. There is no changing Puc's mind. We've had this argument with him a million times. some people you have to just let them be in their own world. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

32 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Save your breath. There is no changing Puc's mind. We've had this argument with him a million times. some people you have to just let them be in their own world. 

Only because I’m right. If anyone can provide one example of two teams getting in as a packaged rivalry or they can provide any university president stating it’s a criteria they look for or if we actually get into a conference as a package deal with UCF, I will absolutely say I am wrong and you were right. Until that moment happens you are just hoping it’s true even if history suggests it’s not. I want USF to get called up and as this is a zero sum game it requires others to fail for us to be successful. F UcF and anyone that is not us, I hope they fall flat on their faces and never win another game up until the program is given the death penalty. USF standing out from the crowd is the only thing that is good for USF, better off together is just hippie nonsense and we are better off alone while UCF flounders. We went years without playing them, we went most of our history not being in the same conference and things were just fine, we don’t need them to do anything but fall over and die on our way back up to where we belong before being dragged back down to their cold dying program that sucked the life from us. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Only because I’m right. If anyone can provide one example of two teams getting in as a packaged rivalry or they can provide any university president stating it’s a criteria they look for or if we actually get into a conference as a package deal with UCF, I will absolutely say I am wrong and you were right. Until that moment happens you are just hoping it’s true even if history suggests it’s not. I want USF to get called up and as this is a zero sum game it requires others to fail for us to be successful. F UcF and anyone that is not us, I hope they fall flat on their faces and never win another game up until the program is given the death penalty. USF standing out from the crowd is the only thing that is good for USF, better off together is just hippie nonsense and we are better off alone while UCF flounders. We went years without playing them, we went most of our history not being in the same conference and things were just fine, we don’t need them to do anything but fall over and die on our way back up to where we belong before being dragged back down to their cold dying program that sucked the life from us. 

👍

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You know what, I was going to argue about how most rivalries were created pre-expansion and that this is a special situation; but, upon further thought I actually agree with you Puc. If rivalries were even considered, Pitt/WVU would have been packaged, Louisville to SEC for Kentucky, Penn st wouldn't have blocked Pitt from Big 10 for 30 years, Syracuse/Buttgers would have been packaged (which would be as close to a comparison to USF/UCF in terms of close Tv markets), and UConn could be in the ACC with BC. Ok, Puc, you've changed my mind. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

You think Charlie would do that to me 🤔 At the start of the fourth quarter you could hear all the rumblings in the crowd, everyone knew the game was over and the reason they all felt that way is because they have been trained to expect us to lose these games. I stand by my assertion we would lose this game every time with our last two coaches, convince me otherwise.

FSU game is the evidence I'll take to the bank.

Taggart would have managed to blow the GT game as well.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  0

If Charlie is happy here, I think we have him for a while. He will not get any high profile offers as he is getting too old and defensive minded coaches are not the "thing" anymore.  Case in point Cristobal getting the HC job at Oregon over CJL.    Charlie is not going to go to a middle of the pack Power 5 school.  He knows it's a tough to win at those schools and while it may not be Texas pressure it's still a hell of a lot more then USF.

5 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

FSU game is the evidence I'll take to the bank.

Taggart would have managed to blow the GT game as well.

CWT is an excellent recruiter, he is a fun and engaging guy, he did much more for this program than CSH did(unless you count big wins), he loaded us back up with talent but he was also not a good game day coach and one of the reasons he left the program better than he found it is because he actually left and allowed CCS to take over. He is a prop comic of coaching ( a gimmick guy) and even if Gallagher is an alumnus no one likes that and you will never be great.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

24 minutes ago, puc86 said:

CWT is an excellent recruiter, he is a fun and engaging guy, he did much more for this program than CSH did(unless you count big wins), he loaded us back up with talent but he was also not a good game day coach and one of the reasons he left the program better than he found it is because he actually left and allowed CCS to take over. He is a prop comic of coaching ( a gimmick guy) and even if Gallagher is an alumnus no one likes that and you will never be great.

This... if he loses he comes off as a complete clown. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

This... if he loses he comes off as a complete clown. 

Or a Steve Urkle if you willDE1F4DCA-A0B0-4071-BEA1-9AD398ADAAD7.jpeg.87bedd7cab4f52de7b1b5e21c1351962.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

30 minutes ago, puc86 said:

No one likes Gallagher or no one likes xCWT's gimmicks?