• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, MikeG said:

Skip inherited a full cabinet of quality players. He left the cupboard practically empty and falling of the wall.

If I'm not mistaken, I remember CSH stating that one of his goals was to improve the teams academics; which he was very successful. I think CJL always had us on the boarder when in comes to academic performance. Which that said, it's seems that CSH went too the extreme and ONLY recruited for academics and not for talent. When we first hired him, I was excited; he was THE up and coming coach and everyone looking for a coach wanted him. As it turns out, we were wrong. To be honest, I was in that camp of CJL has plateaued (4-3, 4-3, 4-3, 2-5, 3-4, 3-4, 3-4 in conference play), but we should have kept him and made adjustments else where on the coaching staff. That's all hind sight now and we went through the dark Holtz era in USF Football. I had no expectations of CWT, but I am so excited about CCS. If he wants to make USF his home, I think we will be in a good position in a few years when the next round of expansion happens. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, michibull said:

If I'm not mistaken, I remember CSH stating that one of his goals was to improve the teams academics; which he was very successful. I think CJL always had us on the boarder when in comes to academic performance. Which that said, it's seems that CSH went too the extreme and ONLY recruited for academics and not for talent. When we first hired him, I was excited; he was THE up and coming coach and everyone looking for a coach wanted him. As it turns out, we were wrong. To be honest, I was in that camp of CJL has plateaued (4-3, 4-3, 4-3, 2-5, 3-4, 3-4, 3-4 in conference play), but we should have kept him and made adjustments else where on the coaching staff. That's all hind sight now and we went through the dark Holtz era in USF Football. I had no expectations of CWT, but I am so excited about CCS. If he wants to make USF his home, I think we will be in a good position in a few years when the next round of expansion happens. 

With the Big12 possibly falling or expanding. I am hoping that we and UCF both get it. It makes sense for any conference to take us both because it gives them a natural rivalry .

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

With the Big12 possibly falling or expanding. I am hoping that we and UCF both get it. It makes sense for any conference to take us both because it gives them a natural rivalry .

I couldn't agree with you more!! It is unbelievable that it hasn't happened yet. I always thought USF/UCF were a given and then Cincy/Memphis should be added as well. It would give the Big 12 some added football strength stability, basketball quality and tv markets; seems like common sense to me. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

16 minutes ago, michibull said:

I couldn't agree with you more!! It is unbelievable that it hasn't happened yet. I always thought USF/UCF were a given and then Cincy/Memphis should be added as well. It would give the Big 12 some added football strength stability, basketball quality and tv markets; seems like common sense to me. 

That was your first mistake

11 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

That was your first mistake

Sad but true. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

To say that 2016 USF loses 100 times out of 100 times to an average GT team is the single DUMBEST thing I've ever heard on TBP. xCWT built up enough talent in this program to be ranked consistantly year after year. 

Is 99 out of 100 better? CWT is a good recruiter, a nice guy and he endears himself to the media. What he does not do very well is coach football teams. What is his marquee win? When has he made any halftime adjustments? He isn’t an x’s and o’s guy or a good gameday coach, I really don’t see how that’s debatable. CWT can out recruit you and then hopefully out talent you but what I have never seen one time was him out coach someone or make a gameday adjustment based on what’s happening on the field. Other than simply saying it’s dumb or throwing temper tantrums on how people don’t know Willie quite like you do can you explain what you feel is wrong about my assertion? 

Edited by puc86

54 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Why would you hope we both get in? My care on who gets in starts and end with us.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407

Texas aged Charlie in a way we can't possibly understand.   I think he is thankful to be here, he gets to coach, mentor, and build a program.   In the big programs he will always be compared to the previous "Legend".   At USF he can become the legend, hell if he wins the conference title this year he will pass Leavitt and Willie T.   Hopefully he stays 8-10 years and rides this program to new heights.  

1 hour ago, michibull said:

If I'm not mistaken, I remember CSH stating that one of his goals was to improve the teams academics; which he was very successful. 

He also said he was here to beat Florida, he should have went with that one.

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Why would you hope we both get in? My care on who gets in starts and end with us.

TheGreatOutlaw gave his reason in the quote (natural rivalry), which I agree with. I hate UCF more than most, but bitter rivalries are what college football is SUPPOSED to be about. UF/UGA, Ala/Aub, UM/OSU, USC/UCLA, all these schools hate the other, but it's amazing when they play. In terms of why it makes sense for any conference to take both, $$ TV ratings (last years game was huge ratings), Orlando/Tampa tv markets and a travel partner. In addition, the Big 12 have 10 teams, I doubt they expand by only one team. Also, what is the instant appeal about playing Big 12 teams that we don't have any history with, the only one we would have is WVU (which would be amazing to rekindle that); so it would be nice to have a few teams we have history with (UCF and Cincy).