• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

58 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not real sure how you're correlating those 2 situations ....

It was in terms of having a plan. His plan was to win a conference championship. Our plan was to try to keep winning. Regardless of what you think he meant to say, he didn’t have a great “plan” either if he wants to throw that word around, because, while he accomplished 10 wins, he did the same as the previous two coaches by not winning a conference championship. From the looks of his comments, it sounded like he was throwing stones in a glass house. & if he wanted to talk about winning, Leavitt still beat more top 10 teams than Taggart, and still left USF without a winning record. With that being said, he, along with players that he recruited, got us on the right track and there’s a major chance last season wouldn’t have been possible without him. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

9 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I hear what you are saying, but they were asking questions relating to the state of college football in the state.  His statements may be insightful and relevant to USF's current plight.  I don't think he meant it as a jab.

I wonder if he saw things different once he was here as it related to the way things were being done in the athletic department and the university that changed his outlook on national title chances?   I wonder if the reality of the P5 vs. not the P5 set in?  Maybe he was just offered a boat load of money to go to Oregon and then to come to FSU.

I'm at this point in the thread currently so if this has been posted I'm sorry however we were still BCS when CWT took the job. Pitt ****** us over a couple of months later.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 hours ago, ForestBull said:

Obviously you aren't clear. I never said that. I am just saying a dont think he is a good coach. I think he is a great recruiter. That was just an example of his poor coaching. There are plenty of more examples. 

If anyone has taken what I have said as being unappreciative then I apologize. I am appreciative that he got the talent here he did. He was obviously better than Skip. But with that great talent he still never achieved anything worth slobbing on him for.

He never finished a year with a title. Nobody talks about the horse that was doing well on the first turn...

Lol.  Your analogies are a mess.  Taggart definitely didn't do well on the first turn.  Or even the second turn. 

He did great on the home stretch, which is where it counts, but you can't even begrudgingly give him that. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

12 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

We squandered all of the momentum we had during that run. Zero lies detected in that statement. 

Squandering momentum is not the same as “not having a plan”.  That’s a truth. Willie’s conceit shines through. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

20 minutes ago, Brad said:

Squandering momentum is not the same as “not having a plan”.  That’s a truth. Willie’s conceit shines through. 

I heard when we got to #2, someone asked xCJL if the team was going to try and win the next game and he said, "We never really came up with that plan." It was buried deep in the SlapGate report.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I heard when we got to #2, someone asked xCJL if the team was going to try and win the next game and he said, "We never really came up with that plan." It was buried deep in the SlapGate report.

Didn’t hear that...thanks for setting me straight.  :roflmao:

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

9 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Honestly I forgot he coached the Miami Beach Bowl. So the only bowl game he’s ever coached in he’s lost. He left before WKU’s bowl game for USF, he left USF before Birmingham game to go to Oregon, and he left Oregon before their bowl game for FSU. I never paid attention to what he did after the Miami Beach Bowl but I remember darting it to the car, being livid at the terrible officiating. 

Taggart helped get us back on the map, no doubt, but he was 1 game away from being another C-USA coach. With comments like this that he made it almost seems as if he forgot where he came from. If I’m not mistake as someone else mentioned, I believe he said himself that he had wanted to get us back to being ranked like that as well. Is our school/fanbase at fault for knowing how good of a team we have the potential to be and have high hopes for becoming relevant again after a dumpster fire named Holtz

Funny. Reading your Taggart bowl game resume made me think of the old, "Who's On First" comedy sketch. Alas, maybe he will stick it out at the Florida state women's college if they get to a bowl game if not? They'll just add a game against say University of New Hampshire or ? To get bowl eligible again....then, WT will bolt to the NFL for his new gig. Or..this is good, he is the heir apparent to Harbaugh and goes to Michigan to take over. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Funny. Reading your Taggart bowl game resume made me think of the old, "Who's On First" comedy sketch. Alas, maybe he will stick it out at the Florida state women's college if they get to a bowl game if not? They'll just add a game against say University of New Hampshire or ? To get bowl eligible again....then, WT will bolt to the NFL for his new gig. Or..this is good, he is the heir apparent to Harbaugh and goes to Michigan to take over. 

Go UNH! 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Go UNH! 

Thought you said, UGH??  UNH now I get it. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Thought you said, UGH??  UNH now I get it. 

Yeah that is where I teach. We played them in year two of our program winning our first game in OT. UNH is one of the best 1aa programs around. 

• Upvote 1