• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

17 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

You forgot winless seasons in your list.

And lawsuit victories over the families of players.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

51 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And herpes blisters.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

This always turns my bad days around. Thank you for the reminder 

0D1C46EF-CA73-4292-800A-592CD2D1786F.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Paying out more money to jumping ship coaches for a mythical achievement than to the family of a player who died under your watch ....

.... and I don't understand the word "chasing" in the context used. Chasing to where?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, USFPete85 said:

Last year was supposed to be OUR year yet UCF took it from us! We were supposed to be in the Peach, not them.  Makes me sick.  

Now the reality is that we must desperately chase UCF.  They have better facilities, two NY6 wins, multiple conference titles, better attendance, and now they seem poised for yet another huge year.  And yet here we are.

i think we should try to hire away Danny White.  Who is with me??

GTFO ucf trash. Seriously get a life. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

On 8/3/2018 at 12:41 PM, JimUSFSig said:

So here we are in August... weeks away from another USF football season... and for the first time ever...

Jim,

I cashed in my season tickets after eighteen years. Eighteen years is a long haul ... relentlessly ... having missed but the Southern Miss game we won ('cause I was in the hospital). 

USF football - for the longest time - was always on the upward trajectory. There was always "that next thing".  Then, I think the rug got yanked out from under us (Robinsons) when the Big East imploded and we were no longer "in with the in crowd". Once we landed in CUSA 2.0, it got extremely hard to get amped up about spending hours - HOURS - tailgating & RayJ. Near the end, it got to where I'd slide the car into a parking spot and get to my seat just seconds before kickoff. 

Another thing that pretty much nailed the coffin shut was the home theater and a leather recliner located but 6'3" from the edge of my pool. Don't even try to sell me on the 'game day experience', cause HDTV, air conditioning, SONY surround sound and all the amenities you can imagine makes sitting in the stadium pale by comparison. Year before last we went to the Navy game. Last year . . . none. What we've come down to is treating USF Football just like USF Basketball. Am I interested in seeing the opponent? I'm sure Birmingham, Alabama is a nice place. . .but not nice enough to gin up bowl excitement year after year after year. 

Until such time as USF (or AAC) finds a seat at 'the big people's table', that's gonna be it for us. And even then, I can't honestly say that buying season tickets will ever happen again - even with a new OCS.  While a lot of what's happened with USF football is out of USF's hands, that's not an excuse to continue to feel an obligation to spend discretionary income for something that, has for us, very little ROI. The screw has turned. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

This whole thread is so very telling. Truth is we NEVER had a fan base, perhaps the BE was the worst thing that could have happened to us, long term.  While the c. florida folks are celebrating increasing ticket sales, national championships (*cough*), etc. We are moaning and groaning that we are no longer part of the club... All of this, after the best three years of our existence.  QF was amazing to watch, the games were exciting. Seriously, hearing all of the long time "fans" talk like this is pathetic, you guys should slap yourselves.  This is YOUR team, YOUR Alma Mater.  The "I will be back when we are in the P5" is a YOU problem, fix it.    

This

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I think the comments by Jim and Wooly are quite telling.  Most of my own comments were directed at why the front running phonies left.  You know the type of Tampa Bay fan.  The ones who in the 90s had a Dallas jersey or a No 4 Green Bay jersey yet suddenly had a No. 40 Bucs jersey in 2002.  It was also in reference to the USF fans who had unreasonably high expectations back in the Big East years.  Their disappearance is not surprising. What should worry anyone who wants USF athletics to advance would be the drop off of loyal fans like Jim and Wooly.  I would say that they certainly are have done more to support USF than I have.  I won't question their decisions and hope that someone who matters takes note. I am certain there are a lot more like them. 

Edited by Mission9
  • Upvote 2