• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Reportedly Suspended, Story Disputed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  67
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Mike Stuben said:

I have no knowledge of this situation, but here is a NCAA bylaw that seems relevant:

14.4.3.1.6 Football student-athletes who do not earn 9-semester/8-quarter hours during the fall term and fail to earn the eligibility point may not be eligible to compete during the first four games during the next season All football student-athletes

Correct.. if, I mean if, he dropped below 9 credit hours he cannot play/will be suspended. We all just need to wait. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, Mike Stuben said:

I have no knowledge of this situation, but here is a NCAA bylaw that seems relevant:

14.4.3.1.6 Football student-athletes who do not earn 9-semester/8-quarter hours during the fall term and fail to earn the eligibility point may not be eligible to compete during the first four games during the next season All football student-athletes

Good research right here 

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

5 minutes ago, Mcknurkle said:

WHY HASN'T USF MADE A STATEMENT YET..... I've emailed twice today!! Stupid

Because there’s nothing to report  yet maybe?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So just so I'm all caught up. This story is 100% true and has been confirmed by multiple sources AND Kean himself. Why is this still being listed as disputed?

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Because there’s nothing to report  yet maybe?

And they're not allowed to comment.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Not sure who is in the right here, and I guess we'll see. 

But if the suspension reports end up being true, can we flip the credentials from JK to Nathan Bond? JK would have gotten the story wrong then-which means it would be nice to see him get replaced. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

So are we basically waiting to see if the NCAA accepts his Basketweaving 101 class or not?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

You’re about to be suspended for three games, mister.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

If the bylaw I quoted applies to this situation (and I have no idea if it does) , let me throw out a hypothetical situation.

Student Athlete X enrolls in 9 hours in Fall 2017. 

He/She gets in trouble in Class Y, and decides to drop the class midway through the semester, thus only completing 6 hours of credit. 

He/She takes 15 hours in the spring, including the class he dropped, successfully passing all of them. 

He/She would be suspended for 4 games in 2018 Fall, but could appeal to NCAA to reduce suspension due to how successful his Spring Semester was. 

(same thing, where he gets an incomplete in one class, then completes in Spring, as another possible situation)

Edited by Mike Stuben

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Solid work. Sounds like this may be what happened.

If JK were even halfway decent at his job he would have provided this information in a written story. Instead, he spends a few minutes texting his sources and sends out a tweet. Very lazy from the dedicated beat reporter.

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

I think the spirit of the bylaw here was that students shouldn't become "part-time" during football season.  Dropping a class and "making it up" in a subsequent quarter/semester would be a massive loophole.  I really can't see the NCAA reducing the penalty unless there were extenuating circumstances (e.g., death in family).