• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Reportedly Suspended, Story Disputed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

57 minutes ago, thatBULL said:

I used to like their site, but their personalities, takes, and tone became a bit much for me.

Fully agree.  With the way half of them act better than anyone else and the constant sarcasm I have a hard time following them. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  67
  • Days Won:  0

not trying to bash them, but that's why I left there.... if you have not played a sport yourself... you should not be writing about it imo. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Can one of the moderators please change the title of this topic now that it has been confirmed that the initial report was inaccurate? 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I like Joey’s double negative on his tweet “ not saying there weren’t issues”. 

Side note, glad it’s cleared up but I would still be concerened with my starting QB having academic issues. Even though I believe it was going to be B.B. regardless. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Mcknurkle said:

It's false. I spoke to Brett directly...... And joey knight just tweeted he confirmed and I have an email out to USF.... 

Very glad to hear this, have always wanted him to win this battle (although I think it is more important to have the best guy obviously) due to his hard work and being the main backup for the last couple years.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Mcknurkle said:

not trying to bash them, but that's why I left there.... if you have not played a sport yourself... you should not be writing about it imo. 

What level does one have to play a sport to be able to write about it? Because I’d venture to say very few journalists would qualify if you’re taking about experience past high school.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

38 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I like Joey’s double negative on his tweet “ not saying there weren’t issues”. 

Side note, glad it’s cleared up but I would still be concerened with my starting QB having academic issues. Even though I believe it was going to be B.B. regardless. 

I doubt it would be true academic/GPA issues because that usually gets you suspended for a semester/until the GPA is back where it needs to be.  This sounds to me like it was more likely violation of a team academic rule rather than eligibility related issue.  I think it would be more  like violating a team rule for class and/or study hall attendance.   

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,945
  • Days Won:  12

TDS and associated writers' tweets - even when football related - are soaked in arrogance, snark, and sarcasm. Used to be about the university and the teams, not pumping up yourself with iffy stories and constant bad jokes. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Mcknurkle said:

So there is this part of me that wonders if it's true.  I recall a couple of times when Charlie Strong was at Louisville and there were reports players were suspended that got out prematurely and ended up being true.  Charlie doesn't like to report those things, it's literally part of his history, he keeps his cards close to his chest.  I'm not saying it's true, but I would not doubt it.  He doesn't announce transfers and suspensions until he absolutely has to.  So while a lot of people may jump on the reporting... it literally might be true.  Because I spent so much time on Louisville boards during the Big East, I don't doubt this.  So I'm wait and see, but siding with he likely not going to play in the first four games.  That sounds like what he does for academics.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

10 minutes ago, Calibull said:

So there is this part of me that wonders if it's true.  I recall a couple of times when Charlie Strong was at Louisville and there were reports players were suspended that got out prematurely and ended up being true.  Charlie doesn't like to report those things, it's literally part of his history, he keeps his cards close to his chest.  I'm not saying it's true, but I would not doubt it.  He doesn't announce transfers and suspensions until he absolutely has to.  So while a lot of people may jump on the reporting... it literally might be true.  Because I spent so much time on Louisville boards during the Big East, I don't doubt this.  So I'm wait and see, but siding with he likely not going to play in the first four games.  That sounds like what he does for academics.  

He may have kept his CARDS close to his chest, but now he is definitely grabbing his BULLS by the horns. 

• Haha 1