• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Yikes

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

Sorry, I misremembered a thing that most Bulls fans wouldn't have even known ever happened. That we had a second game against UF that they bailed on.

Clearly, it warranted a response with no empathy instead of "Actually, it was not a home and home."

Then followed by a day of **** measuring, despite me never refuting your point (because it's an absolute, we did not have a return game) and also trying to convey your point had no change to the other discussion I was having (also an absolute, they haven't played us on the road).

I'll make sure to never misremember a fact again around you. To the end that I'll probably just drop off your money losing venture of a message board.

Thanks for everything.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

LOL, much better than using the :popcorn:

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

Better yet don't call some one a pedantic baby, or baby of any other sort, when you are simply faced with being corrected.  It will happen in life.

For the argument you inserted yourself into it looked like you were being a pedantic baby. As if you were refuting my point to brybull.

I couldn't have cared less if you just pointed out the incorrectness of my statement. It was wrong.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

I think my response was two words.  It couldn't possibly have appeared to be a refutation of your point.

It simply stated your contention that Florida canceled a home game with us was not so.  Feel free to scroll back.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

This is a tough time of the year with no football.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

Back to the thought of potential new hires, is Brian Lamb making too much money in his gig with the bank to be considered?  Seems to be a successful business guy, is a USF product, and played sports IIRC.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Back to the thought of potential new hires, is Brian Lamb making too much money in his gig with the bank to be considered?  Seems to be a successful business guy, is a USF product, and played sports IIRC.

He's be on my short list

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

While your point is technically correct, it just doesn’t add value to the conversation. You’re like the guy in a meeting that blurts something out and everyone’s like “who invited him?” So to validate you, we’ll stop our conversation to tell you that yes you are right, nothing happens until it happens, but in life we have to make a few assumptions (like a contract being honored) in order to plan effectively.

Just don’t be surprised if you’re no longer invited to our meetings (and to be clear in the event you are unable to grasp euphemisms that means don’t be surprised if we don’t respond to your non-value add comments).

Yeah.  Due to how poorly negotiated the first deal was (250k vs 2.5mil buyout) it's basically irrelevant when talking about the new series.   While technically correct it adds nothing of value to the conversation due to the lack of context when it comes to the current deal.    Thumping your chest over the point of them backing out of the return game last time is disingenuous unless you fully acknowledge the fact that the per-game buy out is 10 times more and that could be more prohibitive.  

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

18 hours ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, Chris Howard, KG, SoJo all sucked. He doubled his win total from year 1 to year 2 and won 2 games in a conference tournament for the first time in 15 years. He was a disaster because USF MBB was a disaster and woefully ill prepared to enter the, arguably, best college basketball conference in the country.

We got one decent season out of each of those guys and two of the three were a DI transfer and a JUCO. That's not how you build a program. McCullum won 14 games in 04-05 (the year he doubled his win total) with Terrence Leather, Brian Swift and Marlyn Bryant - his top three scorers, all of whom he inherited from Seth Greenberg. How about James Holmes, Solomon Bozeman, Temi Alaka, Dante Curry, Melvin Buckley, Aris Williams, Frane Markusovic, Montavious Waters, Marius Prekevicius, Collin Dennis and the never-ending parade of completely forgettable players he signed? He was a flat-out lousy hire. I can't believe you want to debate that. He showed no signs that he was capable in that job. He was hired by LRS after never finishing higher than third in the Mid-American, went 10-54 in conference and 36 games under .500 overall at USF, and 9-25 last year in his first as head coach at FAMU.