• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Brad said:

I frequently add facts.  You stated something that was undeniably incorrect.  You based an argument on it.  Thought others should  know your assertion was erroneous, and it does sort of weaken your assumption they'll back out (again, per you).  That's all. 

FYI:  

Definition of pedantic

1: of, relating to, or being a pedant 
  • a pedantic teacher
2: narrowly, stodgily, and often ostentatiously learned 
  • a pedantic insistence that we follow the rules exactly

You're still being pedantic. You pointed out one ancillary remark and still maintain you're invalidating an argument.

If anything, I shouldn't have bothered to add the UF cancellation. It adds nothing.

The reality is UF hasn't played on the road. The end. There's really nothing to refute. Praise him for getting the deal scheduled. That's all you can do at this point.

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

No legacy ......... yet. Have to wait and see how his hires in the top 2 highest profile sports ultimately turn out, wouldn't you think?

Very well said. Everything about Harlan is wait and see. But things are looking like he was solid.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

and still maintain you're invalidating an argument.

That's all I have to read to know you're not comprehending.  I don't really care about your point.

On this comment:

4 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

Praise him for getting the deal scheduled. That's all you can do at this point.

I think some others are also praising him for the very high buyout.  In the past, teams would buyout for 250-500K or far less.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

Gilbert is taking us back to a power run team!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

34 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Back?

45 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Back?

Maybe he's talking about the early Willie Taggart Stanford power run game he tried to establish.

1 hour ago, Brad said:

That's all I have to read to know you're not comprehending.  I don't really care about your point.

On this comment:

I think some others are also praising him for the very high buyout.  In the past, teams would buyout for 250-500K or far less.

"You stated something that was undeniably incorrect.  You based an argument on it."

I based no argument on this. It's why you're pedantic: pointing out the fallacy in something that didn't matter at all to my discussion with brybull.

You could've framed your point differently and less like an arse if you simply wanted to point out my error in a vacuum.

As for the buyout clause, it's also a good deal on Harlan. I think the deal is a net positive. But, it remains THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED ON THE ROAD.

The end.

Edited by The Great 8

2 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

You could've framed your point differently and less like an arse if you simply wanted to point out my error in a vacuum.

I didn't have a point, there was nothing to frame.  I only pointed out the error.  It wasn't in a vacuum.  It was simply a correction to your uninformed or blatantly false statement.

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

I didn't have a point, there was nothing to frame.  I only pointed out the error.  It wasn't in a vacuum.  It was simply a correction to your uninformed or blatantly false statement.

Sorry, I misremembered a thing that most Bulls fans wouldn't have even known ever happened. That we had a second game against UF that they bailed on.

Clearly, it warranted a response with no empathy instead of "Actually, it was not a home and home."

Then followed by a day of **** measuring, despite me never refuting your point (because it's an absolute, we did not have a return game) and also trying to convey your point had no change to the other discussion I was having (also an absolute, they haven't played us on the road).

I'll make sure to never misremember a fact again around you. To the end that I'll probably just drop off your money losing venture of a message board.

Thanks for everything.

2 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

I'll make sure to never misremember a fact again around you. 

Better yet don't call some one a pedantic baby, or baby of any other sort, when you are simply faced with being corrected.  It will happen in life.