• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

2 for 1's are bad deals, and I don't give a rat's behind what anyone says.  They shouldn't be done.  

We have officially joined the small time.

We used to never do 2:1's.  The 2 for 1's only started picking up when Charlie got here.  We signed a 1/1 with FSU when Willie was here.  What makes Florida any more special.

2 for ones suck.  The end.  Nothing says small time like giving away home games.  Nothing says small time like telling someone else they are too good for you to demand a 1:1.  

USF = small time = Charlie Strong,

Uhh...you know the Big East dissolved and we are a conference called the AAC don’t you? None of those schools need to play G5 schools if they don’t want and this one day may actually happen. I say ball up and play anyone, anywhere, anytime. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

2 for 1's are bad deals, and I don't give a rat's behind what anyone says.  They shouldn't be done.  

We used to never do 2:1's.  The 2 for 1's only started picking up when Charlie got here.  We signed a 1/1 with FSU when Willie was here.  What makes Florida any more special.

2 for ones suck.  The end.  Nothing says small time like giving away home games.  Nothing says small time like telling someone else they are too good for you to demand a 1:1.  

yea unfortunately, we arent in a P5. If USF wants to excel as a G6 team we have 2 be willing to play anybody and on their home turf if needed. UCF had a perfect season and got crapped on b/c their strength of schedule was weak. Get out if your emotions and look at the bigger picture if we actually win these games. Our OOC schedule for the next 7 years are set and we still have plenty of home slots available. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

This stuff still reminds me of the decades old quote by Dan Jenkins about the lizards up I-75 ..... “had the arrogance of Notre Dame and the tradition of Wake Forest”

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You get a chance to get UF in your own building, you take the 2 and 1.

Im sure there are some major concessions by USF to make this happen, but it’s easily the most popular team in the state and one of the most popular in the country.

I like it

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, JupiterBull said:

You're a reasonable UCF alum/fan.  What do you think of all these UCF'ers knocking USF for "weakening the brand" by "whoring" ourselves out for a 2 for 1? 

My take is:  UCF's weaker schedule (true in the minds of voters of most G5 teams) was the main reason they didn't get a shot at NC (ok, maybe ESPN and P5 bias was co-main).  This means you take any reasonable offer to play a good/great P5 team.  

I can't imagine UCF would turn down this deal, but maybe I just don't understand the UCF POV.

Just a fan, not an Alum, but thank you.

I would need to see the agreement.How much is UF paying USF to show up? How much money can USF make on the one home game? 

Without seeing these details, my answer would be no. I would not schedule a 2 for 1 game.

My guess is that UF is looking at the Tampa game like a free recruiting opportunity. I suppose  they hope to dominate the crowd, to make it like a home game.  That is all speculation. I have no knowledge as to why the decision was made, but iIfeel quite sure, that UF will never play UCF at Spectrum. NEVER. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

CCS seems like he has decent size, but I worry about his speed as he always insisted on slowing things down 

Edited by lotsofbull99

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Let's see how all these deals play out in a few years. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see UF cancel the third game, just like it wouldn't surprise me to see Louisville cancel on the trip to Orlando. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,162
  • Days Won:  56

Anyone remember how FSU built its program?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Anyone remember how FSU built its program?

Certainly was not running away from the competition, or whining about the teams in the conference, or who their rivals were or were not...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805
  • Days Won:  0

We get to play them 3 times. I will take it. We need to beat good teams at their house.  Respect is earned not given. We use to get one game only with no returns. Penn St  Alabama Arkansas Auburn Notre Dame to name a few

• Upvote 1