• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Dave_Glaser said:

So they go 13-0 after back-to-back seasons of 6-7 and 0-12 and now they're God's gift to football and are on par with programs that can pick and choose who to schedule? I guess they forget that two seasons before they went 0-12, they were 12-1. Things can - and do - turn quickly. It's all about the QB position. In the college game, if you have a good one who can make plays (Bortles/Milton) you win. If you don't . . . you're 0-12. Let's see what happens after Milton. They'll be in the same spot we are right now after Flowers - wondering if the next guy can get it done.

Whats sad is that their strength of schedule was their biggest obstacle, yet they have the audacity to think they are too good for a 2 for 1. Our schedule is stacked. An undefeated season for 2022 would be USFs greatest ever. Hell we could possibly be playing 3-6 ranked teams that year.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

They think a little like we used to I guess.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

31 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s a tough balancing act though. Make the buyout too high and no one will sign. Again, I commend MH for getting UF and for making it painful for them to back out. 

$2.5 million is probably right at the point where they could buy it out but it is high enough to hurt them but not so high they wouldn't make the deal. I could see them deciding to eat the $2.5 million, but that's also a big win for us.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

48 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

$2.5 million is probably right at the point where they could buy it out but it is high enough to hurt them but not so high they wouldn't make the deal. I could see them deciding to eat the $2.5 million, but that's also a big win for us.

Put into the IPF fund

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Put into the IPF fund

All money to the OCS. IPF is for wusses 

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I am not sure I wouldn't rather just to 3 in G'ville and take a bigger pay out. Hopefully things get turned around, but at this point we are giving them three home games just one of them happens to be played in Tampa!

Buyout seems skewed in a 2 for 1 though.. i mean if they buy out the trip here does that just give them 2 for 0 for ~$4MM? That isn't much more than they'd pay for those games to schedule anyway.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Put into the IPF fund

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

All money to the OCS. IPF is for wusses 

Nah, we need another parking garage

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

On 5/22/2018 at 8:16 PM, footnfan1 said:

Beat them. Beat them badly.

You're a reasonable UCF alum/fan.  What do you think of all these UCF'ers knocking USF for "weakening the brand" by "whoring" ourselves out for a 2 for 1? 

My take is:  UCF's weaker schedule (true in the minds of voters of most G5 teams) was the main reason they didn't get a shot at NC (ok, maybe ESPN and P5 bias was co-main).  This means you take any reasonable offer to play a good/great P5 team.  

I can't imagine UCF would turn down this deal, but maybe I just don't understand the UCF POV.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

23 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Some a realistic, but I love this one:  "We play better teams than UF, like GT, Pitt and Stanford".

We also play GT, Stanford is a great get, but Pitt is lame.  As ANY reasonable UCF fan if he'd rather play Pitt or UF.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

2 for 1's are bad deals, and I don't give a rat's behind what anyone says.  They shouldn't be done.  

We have officially joined the small time.

We used to never do 2:1's.  The 2 for 1's only started picking up when Charlie got here.  We signed a 1/1 with FSU when Willie was here.  What makes Florida any more special.

2 for ones suck.  The end.  Nothing says small time like giving away home games.  Nothing says small time like telling someone else they are too good for you to demand a 1:1.  

USF = small time = Charlie Strong,

• Downvote 1