• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They are taking the perspective they are too good to do 2 for 1. Meanwhile they are playing the lower lever P5. Also, their stadium is too small to hold real P5 opposition 

Its sad how their egos are so big now. Say what you want, i can live with a 2 for 1, b/c that gives us 3 years of a quality opponent. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

Which "US" are you referring to??? :D

Hey, how about Miami??? I want the Canes and their gold chain!

lol I meant USF, but it kind of benefits both sides lol

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,529
  • Days Won:  25

I think it benefits both parties to be honest in terms of strength of scheduling, bragging rights, and recruiting.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

Now, its all on USF to put up or shut up. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They are taking the perspective they are too good to do 2 for 1. Meanwhile they are playing the lower lever P5. Also, their stadium is too small to hold real P5 opposition 

Like I posted earlier, this is effectively a 1 for 1 since we already owed them a game in the Swamp.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

13 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Now, its all on USF to put up or shut up. 

Can we put up and shut up?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

The thing about he home and homes is they conveniently leave out what the buyout is on the contract. What’s the point of scheduling a home and home if the buyout is peanuts? How much you want to bet Lville doesn’t return to Oviedo because the buyout is nothing or they push it into oblivion? At least for the three for one it’s $1.5M for Lville and for UF it’s $2.5M. Also our media will always post that, note the UCF media does not. 

Everyone assumes contracts are apples for apples. Harlan is realizing how paramount it is to hold these teams (who get stupid ridiculous TV payouts because of P5) to their word or get some serious cash. Plus, you get the marquee opponent. It’s sounding like their philosophy is “we’d rather play lower tier teams to boost our win totals” than play a blue blood and earn it. Is it fair? Hell no. But FSU did it, anytime and anywhere. They can do their thing, but don’t look down on USF and Harlan for trying something different. 

Also when you have small payouts teams will back out when they get a better opponent, look at the UCF/Texas game. Now since the numbers aren’t out we have no idea, hey might have gotten a better payout and that 3 for 1 with Lville may have been terrible, but I strongly doubt it. The rules are the same for all G5.

Edited by Ionbull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

The thing about he home and homes is they conveniently leave out what the buyout is on the contract. What’s the point of scheduling a home and home if the buyout is peanuts? How much you want to bet Lville doesn’t return to Oviedo because the buyout is nothing or they push it into oblivion? At least for the three for one it’s $1.5M for Lville and for UF it’s $2.5M. Also our media will always post that, note the UCF media does not. 

Everyone assumes contracts are apples for apples. Harlan is realizing how paramount it is to hold these teams (who get stupid ridiculous TV payouts because of P5) to their word or get some serious cash. Plus, you get the marquee opponent. It’s sounding like their philosophy is “we’d rather play lower tier teams to boost our win totals” than play a blue blood and earn it. Is it fair? Hell no. But FSU did it, anytime and anywhere. They can do their thing, but don’t look down on USF and Harlan for trying something different. 

Also when you have small payouts teams will back out when they get a better opponent, look at the UCF/Texas game. Now since the numbers aren’t out we have no idea, hey might have gotten a better payout and that 3 for 1 with Lville may have been terrible, but I strongly doubt it. The rules are the same for all G5.

It’s a tough balancing act though. Make the buyout too high and no one will sign. Again, I commend MH for getting UF and for making it painful for them to back out. 

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,141
  • Days Won:  56

15 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

So they go 13-0 after back-to-back seasons of 6-7 and 0-12 and now they're God's gift to football and are on par with programs that can pick and choose who to schedule? I guess they forget that two seasons before they went 0-12, they were 12-1. Things can - and do - turn quickly. It's all about the QB position. In the college game, if you have a good one who can make plays (Bortles/Milton) you win. If you don't . . . you're 0-12. Let's see what happens after Milton. They'll be in the same spot we are right now after Flowers - wondering if the next guy can get it done.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

So they go 13-0 after back-to-back seasons of 6-7 and 0-12 and now they're God's gift to football and are on par with programs that can pick and choose who to schedule? I guess they forget that two seasons before they went 0-12, they were 12-1. Things can - and do - turn quickly. It's all about the QB position. In the college game, if you have a good one who can make plays (Bortles/Milton) you win. If you don't . . . you're 0-12. Let's see what happens after Milton. They'll be in the same spot we are right now after Flowers - wondering if the next guy can get it done.

It’s like I always say FB in a non P5 conference is always going to be a cycle. The hope is that the dip is not too deep (like Houston). I still think our guys will grow as the season progresses he will pick those guys off at the end of the year.