• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College football rivalries... USF/UCF mentioned

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm going to need a clarification on this 

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Triple B. While I maintain that we previously were harder on our stance but then softened it allowing UCF to join the conference this statement has nothing to do with that argument and everything to do with Gator’s assertion that not wanting someone in your conference and helping them get there is somehow hating and a bad thing. I think this position is idiotic as anyone advantaged benefits from maintaining status quo while those at a disadvantage benefit from upsetting the Apple cart. This benefit comes at a cost and the cost was from us for ucf’s advantage. Recognizing that and not being happy about it doesn’t make you a hater it just means you aren’t an idiot.

But how does UCFs success affect us negatively? We had the SAME opportunities as they did and they had more success. So in the end you think it is cool to block a school that was well qualified from joining the AAC b/c you are scare of competition? 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

And, alas, it wouldn’t have made any difference.  

Do you really think, who...Cincinnati or UConn would have told us to hit the road?

:roflmao:

No it was probably more like "Cool story, bro.  We're still voting to add UCF" 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

No it was probably more like "Cool story, bro.  We're still voting to add UCF" 

Half the conference was already on the way out and didn’t care one way or another about saving the conference or

who we brought in. UConn, Cinci and us were the only ones that knew we were left for dead and if we fought hard against UCF the majority of voting members probably would have reacted more with cool who would you like so I can get out of here.

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Why would someone welcome in competition if they didn’t have to? Monopolies are great if you can have them. Who sits around and thinks you know what my marriage needs? Another guy to compete with bring it on. You know what I need at work someone else to compete for my job. Amazon doesn’t sit around and say **** things are getting boring how about I revive Walmart. 

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Half the conference was already on the way out and didn’t care one way or another about saving the conference or

who we brought in. UConn, Cinci and us were the only ones that knew we were left for dead and if we fought hard against UCF the majority of voting members probably would have reacted more with cool who would you like so I can get out of here.

Your fantasy land is fun.  We had zero leverage and UCF was a qualified candidate.  We weren't blocking them no matter how much we kicked and screamed.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

5 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Your fantasy land is fun.  We had zero leverage and UCF was a qualified candidate.  We weren't blocking them no matter how much we kicked and screamed.  

So in 2011 CincinnatiConnecticutLouisvillePittsburghRutgersSouth FloridaSyracuse, and West Virginia cared so much about the inclusion of UCF that they would have told us to kick rocks? 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

Through attrition, wasn’t Judy some high honcho in the  Big East’s dying days?  At the time UCF was added she was leading some CEO board of the BE.  I kind of doubt she would have been run out of there, but we can all speculate.

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Through attrition, wasn’t Judy some high honcho in the  Big East’s dying days?  At the time UCF was added she was leading some CEO board of the BE.  I kind of doubt she would have been run out of there, but we can all speculate.

That’s what was happening in my fantasy land and the knights would stew that she was black balling them. And then they were in.

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

Yup and if the others on the board wanted UCF there would've been nothing she could do about it.  UCF was qualified and the conference fell apart their not going to exclude a team that brought the revenue potential of UCF because USF doesn't like them.   Baiscally, she would be told "Sorry their qualified and the move helps the strengthen the conference. We're voting them in and if you don't like it your welcome to explore whatever it is you want to explore"  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

48 minutes ago, Triple B said:

How are we trying to help UCF win??

43 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Triple B. While I maintain that we previously were harder on our stance but then softened it allowing UCF to join the conference this statement has nothing to do with that argument and everything to do with Gator’s assertion that not wanting someone in your conference and helping them get there is somehow hating and a bad thing. I think this position is idiotic as anyone advantaged benefits from maintaining status quo while those at a disadvantage benefit from upsetting the Apple cart. This benefit comes at a cost and the cost was from us for ucf’s advantage. Recognizing that and not being happy about it doesn’t make you a hater it just means you aren’t an idiot.

I think there are parts of this whole thing we agree on but I'm just too ******* confused to sort it out ....