• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College football rivalries... USF/UCF mentioned

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

40 minutes ago, Triple B said:

How exactly are you blaming USF for that? I'm not getting this angle at all ...

I was trying to play catchup in this and I got lost with that statement, too.  lol

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

And if they want to hate on us joining their conference then let them hate. That doesnt mean its cool for us to hate on another team. 

You seem to confuse being smart and maintaining advantages with hating. This isn’t communism you are supposed to try to win not try to help your opponents win. We owed ucf nothing in life more than a final stomp on their throat.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

I was trying to play catchup in this

Good luck with that ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

What planet are people living on where USF had the kind of sway to block anyone from the Big East or the AAC that was on it's death bed?  Do they remember how lucky we were to even get in the conference?

Two completely different issues.  When we joined and when it came crashing down.  You don’t think USF had a lot to say about the life support the dying BE was on?  Everyone was looking to get out.  There was no dominant school remaining.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

You seem to confuse being smart and maintaining advantages with hating. This isn’t communism you are supposed to try to win not try to help your opponents win. We owed ucf nothing in life more than a final stomp on their throat.

How are we trying to help UCF win??

1 minute ago, Brad said:

You don’t think USF had a lot to say about the life support the dying BE was on?

Why would USF have any more say than anyone else that was left? If the conference thought they'd be a good addition, what argument could we have used against it? I don't often pull this out but you guys are looking at this thru some heavily tinted green and gold glasses ...

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

Two completely different issues.  When we joined and when it came crashing down.  You don’t think USF had a lot to say about the life support the dying BE was on?  Everyone was looking to get out.  There was no dominant school remaining.

Not enough to block a qualified candidate (UGH I just threw up in my mouth).   As much as it pains me to say it, UCF was pretty much a shoe in the minute the other schools decided to bolt (there's that throw up again).   Remember, the other schools are looking at this like 99.99% of college football fans that don't give a **** about USF and UCF's history. To them we're basically interchangeable. This was about what made sense to ALL of the remaining members and not just USF.   We had no leverage it was either help get the pieces put back together with sustainable pieces or the conference dies or we move down to an even worse conference.  There was ZERO leverage for us to try to play hardball and keep UCF out at that point.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Triple B said:

How are we trying to help UCF win??

Triple B. While I maintain that we previously were harder on our stance but then softened it allowing UCF to join the conference this statement has nothing to do with that argument and everything to do with Gator’s assertion that not wanting someone in your conference and helping them get there is somehow hating and a bad thing. I think this position is idiotic as anyone advantaged benefits from maintaining status quo while those at a disadvantage benefit from upsetting the Apple cart. This benefit comes at a cost and the cost was from us for ucf’s advantage. Recognizing that and not being happy about it doesn’t make you a hater it just means you aren’t an idiot.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Why would USF have any more say than anyone else that was left? If the conference thought they'd be a good addition, what argument could we have used against it? I don't often pull this out but you guys are looking at this thru some heavily tinted green and gold glasses ...

Whatever that argument would've been you can bet it would've been you can bet the response would've basically been "Fine, if you don't want to play in the same conference as UCF find somewhere else to play.  You guys are pretty much interchangeable anyways.  We'll just get FAU to come in with UCF and you guys can go back to C-USA."  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

And, alas, it wouldn’t have made any difference.  

Do you really think, who...Cincinnati or UConn would have told us to hit the road?

:roflmao: