• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College football rivalries... USF/UCF mentioned

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So in 2011 CincinnatiConnecticutLouisvillePittsburghRutgersSouth FloridaSyracuse, and West Virginia cared so much about the inclusion of UCF that they would have told us to kick rocks? 

If they wanted them there was nothing we could do about it, period.  Our vote is, just that, our 1 vote.  We're not some athletics department or university behemoth that has weight to throw around.  We were one of the if not the smallest revenue athletic department of those listed and I'm betting our spot in the pecking order/influence reflected that.  I'm betting UCF and USF are interchangeable to those schools above, just like they are to 99.99% of the college football world. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

8 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yup and if the others on the board wanted UCF there would've been nothing she could do about it.  UCF was qualified and the conference fell apart their not going to exclude a team that brought the revenue potential of UCF because USF doesn't like them.   Baiscally, she would be told "Sorry their qualified and the move helps the strengthen the conference. We're voting them in and if you don't like it your welcome to explore whatever it is you want to explore"  

We’re all entitled to speculation.  It could have possibly gone that way, I guess.  

The conference had already gone as far as offering SDSU and Bosie State, they were getting pretty far down the list.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

I'm betting UCF and USF are interchangeable to those schools above

Were interchangeable ...... The national champs get interchanged with no one!

• Haha 2

Just now, Brad said:

We’re all entitled to speculation.  It could have possibly gone that way, I guess.  

Yup, it may have but it definitely never went

USF: "WE"RE USF AND UCF IS NEVER GETTING INTO THIS CONFERENCE BECAUSE I SAY SO!   FINANCIAL ANALYSIS AND EARNING POTENTIAL BE DAMMNED THEY'RE NEVER GETTING IN!!!!!"  

Rest of the conference "Well, you heard them.  Cross UCF off the List"  

5 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

USF: "WE"RE USF AND UCF IS NEVER GETTING INTO THIS CONFERENCE BECAUSE I SAY SO!   FINANCIAL ANALYSIS AND EARNING POTENTIAL BE DAMMNED THEY'RE NEVER GETTING IN!!!!!"  

Let’s be serious, it wasn’t UCF’s “earning potential and financial situation” that got them in either.  Well, maybe potential.  I give more credit to UCF’s and Bianchi’s assault on Judy than any of the BE good old boy and girl club pressuring her (however few were left).

I’m still confused on who was actually running that BE show but you’re pretty sure it was someone with more power.  

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Let’s be serious, it wasn’t UCF’s “earning potential and financial situation” that got them in either.  Well, maybe potential.

It definitely was....   Same reason why the Big 12 added nobody after their dog and pony show.    In the end it's about the balance books and potential revenue schools bring in expansion.  UCF was right at the top of the list of who we could add after the big 12 teams were off the table after the almost implosion.  Again, I hate saying it but UCF was right at the top of the list of qualified schools for future potential for who we could've added.   USF may have it's reasons for not wanting them in the conference, and even if they voiced them vigorously those other schools are looking at revenue projections and financial analysis on what they could bring to the conference.   In the end it's always about $$$$$ 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yup, it may have but it definitely never went

Rest of the conference "Well, you heard them.  Cross UCF off the List"  

Wasn’t most of that sold as being with a rivalry with us that could grow and be a cornerstone of the conference? If we want no part of it then certainly there is a loss to be had there. Also as far as earning potential goes their inclusion made for less than $3 million dollars per team so how bad is the next worst conference USA retread? If analysis said UCF was the holy cow than it was broken because we didn’t get anything from it except kicked in the balls.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think there are parts of this whole thing we agree on but I'm just too ******* confused to sort it out ....

I know it involves if it’s smart for Usf fans to actively chear on UCf and if good things for them equals good things for us. Where we diverge probably has to do with my desire to be even more hyperbolic and radical when met with any form of resistance to my opinions .

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Wasn’t most of that sold as being with a rivalry with us that could grow and be a cornerstone of the conference? If we want no part of it then certainly there is a loss to be had there. Also as far as earning potential goes their inclusion made for less than $3 million dollars per team so how bad is the next worst conference USA retread? If analysis said UCF was the holy cow than it was broken because we didn’t get anything from it except kicked in the balls.

Yup, and those other schools voting don't care about USF being kicked in the balls.  If it's $1.00 they want that $1.00.   This is business, remove your emotional skin in the game and look at it like UConn and Cinci....  If UCF brings more than LaTech they will vote for UCF.  Nobody is looking out for USF's feelings but USF, this is business. 

That’s kind of funny because in the real conferences there are a few stories about schools not wanting a geographically close school (aka rival in our world) in their conference and it seems to work for them.  Maybe one day.