• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College football rivalries... USF/UCF mentioned

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I don’t hate UCF at all; I actually have no feeling for them. They are a nuisance that I prefer I didn’t have to deal with but outside of a few posters on this board and the occasional game with them they have little effect on my life. You seem to think not having a huge hard on for them and a supposed rivalry is hating. Also if you aren’t completely selfless and actually look out for your self interest it’s just being a hater. Sorry Ucf just never did it for me and I never understood the fascination with hitching our wagon to them just because they were desperate and available, they are fine at 2 am if no one knows but you don’t want to get social media official with them.

Based on this reply you really missed most points I tried to make. Lets just agree to disagree lol

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And USF was responsible for that how?

My original comment was not we (USF), but I didn’t correct you. UCF benefitted greatly on the move, ask them.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

17 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Based on this reply you really missed most points I tried to make. Lets just agree to disagree lol

I would love to move on but I’m super curious as to which of your points I missed in my summary.

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Ya got me on that one ....

I thought you might like that 

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

My original comment was not we (USF), but I didn’t correct you. UCF benefitted greatly on the move, ask them.  

And we being part of 3-8 teams with even a passing interest in the football side of the big east at the time were to some degree complicit in UCF joining the conference.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And we being part of 3-8 teams with even a passing interest in the football side of the big east at the time were to some degree complicit in UCF joining the conference.

0E4CC884-C5CC-4B59-B0A7-6B2F4FFC8A2A.jpeg

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

0E4CC884-C5CC-4B59-B0A7-6B2F4FFC8A2A.jpeg

This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's. And, uh, lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head. Luckily I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, limber.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

14 hours ago, Brad said:

You should have corrected me .... I may not be as lost as I am now ..... and I don't think anyone here is saying UCF didn't benefit greatly, just that we (USF) aren't responsible for it.

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You should have corrected me .... I may not be as lost as I am now ..... and I don't think anyone here is saying UCF didn't benefit greatly, just that we (USF) aren't responsible for it.

I feel the most glaring points of contention are over if it’s a good thing, if we should celebrate it and if should we have had any power to stop it if doing so would be ethical/manly. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

I feel the most glaring points of contention are over

• if it’s a good thing (It's not)
  • if we should celebrate it (No way in hell)
  • if should we have had any power to stop it if doing so would be ethical/manly (If we REALLY had power to stop, which is doubtful, it would have been both manly and ethical under the Darwinian theory of natural selection)

1 minute ago, Triple B said:
  • if it’s a good thing (It's not)
  • if we should celebrate it (No way in hell)
  • if should we have had any power to stop it if doing so would be ethical/manly (If we REALLY had power to stop, which is doubtful, it would have been both manly and ethical under the Darwinian theory of natural selection)

See I told you we agree on most of it, the only part we differ on is a purely hypothetical thought experiment. On the main points I seriously worry about the people that do not agree.