• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

7 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

True, but if you want to be in a P5 conference then you better start acting like a P5 program.  An IPF is as good a place to start as anything.   Increase recruiting, increase visibility, increase competitiveness, and then we better see some increase in support both $$$$$ from boosters and butts in seats.

Correct it's a step in the right direction but people often try to pass off the IPF, OCS etc as some kind of silver bullet and that's just not true.  I'm not saying don't build it but let's not pretend it suddenly makes us a shoe-in or even more attractive to a P5 conference by itself.    

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Better players = Good TV

Good TV = bigger TV contracts 

Bigger tv contracts= a better bottom line for everyone. 

Its not exactly an A = B situation, but an IPF would do something in terms of getting into a better conference. Considering there inst much that really can be done on our part to get in to the P5, an IPF is something at the very least. The same can be said for a OCS, but to me, a facility that you would use almost everyday vs something you would play in 6-8 times a year would go farther. 

Yup, I think we should do things that improve our program/keep up with the Jonses but people often sell IPF/OCS as some kind of deciding factor, which they aren't.  

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yup, I think we should do things that improve our program/keep up with the Jonses but people often sell IPF/OCS as some kind of deciding factor, which they aren't.  

Yeah, Just one box of a long check list. But I do agree with the article's point of IPF>OCS. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

Yeah, Just one box of a long check list. But I do agree with the article's point of IPF>OCS. 

I'm right here with you on IPF>>>>>OCS

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

13 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Correct it's a step in the right direction but people often try to pass off the IPF, OCS etc as some kind of silver bullet and that's just not true.  I'm not saying don't build it but let's not pretend it suddenly makes us a shoe-in or even more attractive to a P5 conference by itself.    

I don't think anyone with a clue thinks that building an IPF or OCS automatically puts us in a P5

Edited by chapelbull

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I don't think anyone with a clue thinks that building an IPF or OCS automatically puts us in a P5

Not having a clue doesn't stop people from saying all kinds of things here.  

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

We’ve needed an IPF for over a decade. It is still dumbfounding to me that a team in the lightning capital of the world doesn’t have one. We have  I lead the nation in practices cancelled due to weather events. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  2

Back again to provide my rust bucket insight. I'm 100% in agreement with @Bull Dozer. There is no magic bullet. At most, you hope these things help you keep up with the Jonses so you don't automatically disqualify yourself if the opportunity to join a P5 league actually ever comes around again. 

But between the 2, due to USF's current situation, I go with IPF. If it's not stupid hot outside in Florida, it's rainy with lightning. Both and IPF and OCS are important to have if you wanna be among the best and draw the best recruits and fans. But you guys have the ability to rent a luxury stadium. You don't really have that option for an IPF. So build what you can't rent and then when money allows for another big investment, go for the OCS.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

IPF should be priority #1 because of the amount of practices we have to cancel.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,343
  • Days Won:  5

I went to a high school show case last summer at USF. Urban, Charlie, and nick were there. They were pissed they were in that balmy 92 heat watching potential recruits. Saw it on their sweating faces. Charlie wants an IPF.