• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Would we get more students to attend if we had an OCS? Somehow I don’t think that an IPF will get students to the RayJay.  We may be able to catch more students with IPAs than with IPFs.

Would the IPF be the spot for the spring game going forward if/when built? Would we want to hold it there if we could? It would be a tease, but could that get donors excited for the potential of an OCS?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, 206BULL said:

We’ve needed an IPF for over a decade. It is still dumbfounding to me that a team in the lightning capital of the world doesn’t have one. We have  I lead the nation in practices cancelled due to weather events. 

The lightning capital of the world isn’t Tampa. We’re not even the lightning capital of the U.S. Just an FYI so we don’t repeat things that aren’t true about our own school and town. Like when UCFers say the school is in Orlando.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Roaming Bull said:

Would we get more students to attend if we had an OCS? Somehow I don’t think that an IPF will get students to the RayJay.  We may be able to catch more students with IPAs than with IPFs.

1 hour ago, Roaming Bull said:

Would the IPF be the spot for the spring game going forward if/when built? Would we want to hold it there if we could? It would be a tease, but could that get donors excited for the potential of an OCS?

No, but the athletic department shouldn’t cater to students and donors before the athletes. IFP is a need, OCS would be nice. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

The lightning capital of the world isn’t Tampa. We’re not even the lightning capital of the U.S. Just an FYI so we don’t repeat things that aren’t true about our own school and town. Like when UCFers say the school is in Orlando.

Really?  We're pretty freaking close and I think the point is well taken.  If USF wants to be a big time program then build an IPF.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

11 hours ago, JTrue said:

The bay used to be though.  Now we just walk around wearing out lightning capital of the US Letterman jacket.  

https://www.fox4now.com/news/collier-county-neighborhood-named-new-lightning-capital-of-the-us

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

12 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

I don't think most IPFs have seating

34 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I don't think most IPFs have seating

Who needs seats to practice? But we can dream. Also we may want to create a comfy spot for all the talent scouts that should be coming through. We may be hosting gaggles of them.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

6 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Who needs seats to practice? But we can dream. Also we may want to create a comfy spot for all the talent scouts that should be coming through. We may be hosting gaggles of them.

Don't need them for practice, but you would for a Spring Game.  That's what I was responding to.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

On 4/5/2018 at 11:48 AM, Bull Dozer said:

If somebody tells you *insert thing here* is the key to getting into the P5 and that thing isn't revenue brought to the new conference it's best to ignore them.  If adding another mouth to feed to a P5 doesn't add to each of the current member's bottom line then that potential team is a non-starter.   

:applause: