• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your take on this past football season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,014
  • Days Won:  38

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:23 PM, GaUSFBull said:

How can you say that when we have Birmingham, Belk and International Bowl trophies?

Holy crap. I forgot the Belk bowl.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,014
  • Days Won:  38

Here's how I will remember last year:

- Came down to see the Houston loss.  I can't recall exactly but I felt like we were going to lose when we turtled up for a FG at the end.  But that didn't hurt the season at all.

- I was the most excited since Notre Dame on Black Friday.  Hunkered down in a Hotel room in Va. with a ton of junk food.  Then the season was over.  

- UCF went undefeated with a fake national championship in the city where I live with UCF banners everywhere.

- We play bowl game on a day where my extended family is having Christmas, so I don't even get to watch the bowl game.

2018 here we come!:iconic_u_black:

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  398
  • Days Won:  2

All great on my end. 13-0, national champs*!

But no really. The USF season was kind of a mixed bag, at least from my outside perspective. Fell short of preseason expectations since many had USF going undefeated but ended with 2 losses instead. And it sucks even more when your rival has the season you were supposed to have. But it still added another 10 win top 25 season to your resume, now in back to back seasons.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

But no really. The USF season was kind of a mixed bag, at least from my outside perspective. Fell short of preseason expectations since many had USF going undefeated but ended with 2 losses instead. And it sucks even more when your rival has the season you were supposed to have. But it still added another 10 win top 25 season to your resume, now in back to back seasons.

Thanks for posting...probably the most accurate take, ironically, especially regarding the back to back 10-win seasons.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm fine with the season except for the bitter Houston loss. I mean, we had an entirely new coaching staff and still had a 10-win season including a bowl win over a P5 team. Compared to the lean years, it was phenomenal, so thank Taggart for the talent & Strong/Gilbert for maintaining the momentum.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Ya, almost any other year it would be considered a triumph but everything was lined up for us and we didn't meet the expectations. We go 10-2 again with a bowl win over a P5 team next year and it will probably be lauded.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

15 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

From a purely unbiased take, I hated that Nebraska took your coach. It made both Florida schools look "small." Furthermore, it belittled the season for your team and made the great USF-UCF game as a battle between "lesser teams." How good is a season when another school comes in and takes a coach away -right a their celebratory moment during a big game? Look, anyone can say anything about loyalty (to Nebraska) and all of that when a coach leaves. But it comes down to money. Frost would not have gone to the corn fields for less money!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,520
  • Days Won:  28

We went 10-2, played in one of the greatest games of the year, we looked **** good in that game even though we lost. We beat a P5 team in our bowl games. We had the best defense in the AAC. This past season is what it is. Was it disappointing not to have the season UCF had? Yup, but F-it life goes one. I think we are a deep team and the fruits of the recruiting labor from Taggart and Strong are about to pay off for us. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

UCF's offense would have scored 70 on Woodie's defense. Not sure CWT's offense would have scored 71.

• Upvote 1