• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student fee to possibly fund on-campus football stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Untapped revenue;  Out of State Tuition

USF - In-state: $21,410 Out-of-state: $32,324

UF - In-state: $21,131 Out-of-state: $43,408

FSU - In-state: $$22,575 Out-of-state: $37,019

UCF - In-state: $22,501 Out-of-state: $38,600

FIU - In-state; $6,565.88    Out-of-State; $18,964.75

FAU - In-state: $24,567 Out-of-state: $40,123

The annual list price to attend University of Miami on a full time basis for 2016/2017 is $64,306 for all students regardless of their residency. 

Nooooooo...don’t touch that **** until my daughter is in 

• Haha 1

Guest PCBull14
On 3/29/2018 at 12:55 PM, 79 Bull said:

Can't rely that much on student fees.  I want an OCS really bad but don't want to raise tuition and hit up the students to fund it.

While I agree somewhat, it amounts to 160 dollars a year at most. I think they shouldn’t charge that during the summer terms. But the school doesn’t charge students to attend games. It’s really not that bad.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

On 3/30/2018 at 12:31 PM, smazza said:

an on campus stadium isnt needed until we play in a real conference

But is it needed to get into a ‘real conference’?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Simple... add the fee and when the stadium is paid for, to include money from corporations, private donors, and naming rights, 50% of the profits generated from the stadium goes towards lowering tuition fees and on campus text book sales.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Simple... add the fee and when the stadium is paid for, to include money from corporations, private donors, and naming rights, 50% of the profits generated from the stadium goes towards lowering tuition fees and on campus text book sales.

:roflmao:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  1

lol **** that, I'm a current student here and that would be total bs to pay an extra 80$ a semester. I'd honestly rather us be a legit college and stop throwing money at amateur sports where, let's be honest, don't really matter at the end of the day. Our alumni aren't that great, greek life isn't that great, and USF is no where near a college town. All of these factors make having an on campus stadium pretty retarded. We would basically be a slightly better FAU, if that.

If y'all wanna throw money into amateur sports then I'd rather have us throw it all into mens basketball, it would be way litter than football would ever be here

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, slayer9 said:

lol **** that, I'm a current student here and that would be total bs to pay an extra 80$ a semester. I'd honestly rather us be a legit college and stop throwing money at amateur sports where, let's be honest, don't really matter at the end of the day. Our alumni aren't that great, greek life isn't that great, and USF is no where near a college town. All of these factors make having an on campus stadium pretty retarded. We would basically be a slightly better FAU, if that.

If y'all wanna throw money into amateur sports then I'd rather have us throw it all into mens basketball, it would be way litter than football would ever be here

We are less than 2 years from a total collapse of our basketball program. Our football team was once ranked #2 in the country but basketball is gonna save us. I love CBG but wake me up when he gets us in the top 10 or 20 for that matter. Let me know what attendance would be if you had to drive or bus to basketball games. An OCS will change the culture if done properly . On a side note I have great respect for our Alumni and I think they are great.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/30/2018 at 11:38 AM, 370Bull said:

]I completely agree that such a system could have been quite succesful 10 years ago when people were wrapped around the sundome waiting for tix. ]

LOL that happened for like 4 games and then ended forever. C'mon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1