• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student fee to possibly fund on-campus football stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

LOL that happened for like 4 games and then ended forever. C'mon.

4 games?  Must have been playing Duke, UNC, Louisville, and Kentucky

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

LOL that happened for like 4 games and then ended forever. C'mon.

I'll never let go... 😢

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

There were actually years where tickets had value...after I left Tampa, prior to 2007, I would still buy my seats but sold to friends at face.  Whenever I had to put them out on Stubhub or similar, I was able to get much more than I paid for them.  Lately, extra tickets are just that, extra.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

20180302084616.jpg

Possible fee for on-campus stadium supported by students, few concerns

By Josh Fiallo, Sports Editor
On April 1, 2018

Student Body President Moneer Kheireddine said Wednesday that a semesterly fee between $30 and $80 could be used to fund an on-campus football stadium. The idea is still hypothetical, but students have begun to express their support for paying an additional fee.

With construction of the stadium being at least five years away, current USF students would not be able to access the proposed $200 million stadium as students, but as alumni. Many, however, still support the fee, saying the stadium would bring prestige to the university and to their degree.

“With tuition already so expensive, I wouldn’t even notice an extra fee really,” Mariane Eibar, a sophomore majoring in cellular and molecular biology, said. “A stadium on campus would be beneficial to the school as a whole. The school would make the money back and USF would receive more recognition.”

Eibar said she attended three football games in 2017. Had the stadium been on campus, she would’ve attended every home game, “without a doubt.”

Rest of Story

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 3/29/2018 at 12:49 PM, BullTime said:

Not until there is substantial alumni and community support via donations and ticket purchases.

Truer words have not been spoken. :ph34r:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

On 4/1/2018 at 3:21 PM, Brad said:

20180302084616.jpg

Possible fee for on-campus stadium supported by students, few concerns

By Josh Fiallo, Sports Editor
On April 1, 2018

Student Body President Moneer Kheireddine said Wednesday that a semesterly fee between $30 and $80 could be used to fund an on-campus football stadium. The idea is still hypothetical, but students have begun to express their support for paying an additional fee.

With construction of the stadium being at least five years away, current USF students would not be able to access the proposed $200 million stadium as students, but as alumni. Many, however, still support the fee, saying the stadium would bring prestige to the university and to their degree.

“With tuition already so expensive, I wouldn’t even notice an extra fee really,” Mariane Eibar, a sophomore majoring in cellular and molecular biology, said. “A stadium on campus would be beneficial to the school as a whole. The school would make the money back and USF would receive more recognition.”

Eibar said she attended three football games in 2017. Had the stadium been on campus, she would’ve attended every home game, “without a doubt.”

Rest of Story

I read the entire article and missed the part about how many basketball games she attended.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

On 3/31/2018 at 2:34 PM, slayer9 said:

lol **** that, I'm a current student here and that would be total bs to pay an extra 80$ a semester. I'd honestly rather us be a legit college and stop throwing money at amateur sports where, let's be honest, don't really matter at the end of the day. Our alumni aren't that great, greek life isn't that great, and USF is no where near a college town. All of these factors make having an on campus stadium pretty retarded. We would basically be a slightly better FAU, if that.

If y'all wanna throw money into amateur sports then I'd rather have us throw it all into mens basketball, it would be way litter than football would ever be here

Don't worry about it.. the $80 will just get financed into your student loans, you'll never even notice it.

With all that negativity why did you waste a valued spot at USF? Aren't there still community colleges or trade schools you could attend?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I read the entire article and missed the part about how many basketball games she attended.

None, because The Sun Dome is too far from the dorms.🤪

28 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

When did they move RJS to downtown Tampa?