• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Football News has USF Going 9-3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

28 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Like Tennesse had a drop off when Peyton Manning left? Oh wait they won the national title right after. Memphis loses a QB to the draft **** near every year and still does great. Our defense will be waaaaay better this year. Mark my words. You gotta think positive my friend

Fun with outliers 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Gonna have to start watching old games from the past. My life is not the same without USF football.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

Not the lower bowl ...

We may not be selling it out every week, but we're averaging 25-30K and in the middle of the pack in the AAC.  It's not as bad as people want to make it out to be.  An OCS probably helps increase student attendance and that leads to better future attendance as those students become alumni.

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

Neither the GCO nor winning has filled the stands ... 

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Um when were we ever "winning"? The past 2 years were the 1st time we ever had double digit wins. The rest of the years we averaged 8 wins or less. Therefore your statement is invalid. I think most fans have been let down so often that it will take at least 2 more winning seasons, a conference championship with a new years bowl victory or one season like UCF had to build our football culture again. 

You realize you just validated my statement? Double digit wins the last two years, setting offensive records, yet no filling the lower bowl .... and what you're saying is that it's going to take more than just winning to "fill the stands" and I agree .....I'm just not sure how much more.

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

We may not be selling it out every week, but we're averaging 25-30K and in the middle of the pack in the AAC.  It's not as bad as people want to make it out to be.  An OCS probably helps increase student attendance and that leads to better future attendance as those students become alumni.

Agree completely with all that .... but this is the statement that spurred this part of the conversation:

People here may be ok with winning like that but beating the rest of the AAC in a grind isn't going to fill the stands.  GCO is the kind of entertainment people crave.

All I was saying is that we've had some of the most entertaining players on offense we've ever had the last several years and we didn't "fill the stands" (lower bowl).

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

Agree completely with all that .... but this is the statement that spurred this part of the conversation:

People here may be ok with winning like that but beating the rest of the AAC in a grind isn't going to fill the stands.  GCO is the kind of entertainment people crave.

All I was saying is that we've had some of the most entertaining players on offense we've ever had the last several years and we didn't "fill the stands" (lower bowl).

I got you, but perhaps his comments were being taken a little too literally.  USF saw the 3rd largest attendance increase in the country a couple of years ago and I believe had a slight uptick again last year.   

As for grinding out wins, we're not going to win many games 12-6 in the AAC or college football in general so we better be able to generate some points even if that defense is stellar.

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

You realize you just validated my statement? Double digit wins the last two years, setting offensive records, yet no filling the lower bowl .... and what you're saying is that it's going to take more than just winning to "fill the stands" and I agree .....I'm just not sure how much more.

first I forgot to add an "lol" I was joking around. But I think we just need to keep winning period. Unless we have a magical season like UCF's BCS bowl victory or the undefeated season they had last year, it will take time to rebuild the fan base. But also win the conference title, make a new years bowl and beat whatever ranked opponents we can. I feel the team is on a positive path and currently have the athletes to hold us down for at least an other 3-5 years. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

36 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

first I forgot to add an "lol" I was joking around. But I think we just need to keep winning period. Unless we have a magical season like UCF's BCS bowl victory or the undefeated season they had last year, it will take time to rebuild the fan base. But also win the conference title, make a new years bowl and beat whatever ranked opponents we can. I feel the team is on a positive path and currently have the athletes to hold us down for at least an other 3-5 years. 

I've said this way too many times, but we have to win "that" game. Every year we come to a point in the season that we seem to be gaining some fan momentum and  

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Sincerely hope you're right about rebuilding the fan base but this is one of those things that I scare myself with my pessimistic feelings about. I'm not sure a season like the Kanigit national championship run would have near the same effect it had over there. TB is just a different type market. As bad as I wanted to to win the East Division, I was very apprehensive about hosting the ccg and what the turnout would have been. Hopefully in the near future we'll have a chance to see and the area prove me wrong ...

27 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Sincerely hope you're right about rebuilding the fan base but this is one of those things that I scare myself with my pessimistic feelings about. I'm not sure a season like the Kanigit national championship run would have near the same effect it had over there. TB is just a different type market. As bad as I wanted to to win the East Division, I was very apprehensive about hosting the ccg and what the turnout would have been. Hopefully in the near future we'll have a chance to see and the area prove me wrong ...

Halfway through the season they were complaining about the attendance at ucf last year and I think the USF game was their first sellout.  I think if we roll into next year's ucf game 11-0 we'll sell out the lower bowl at least.