• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Football News has USF Going 9-3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

13 minutes ago, JTrue said:

2017 was easily our worst schedule since 2016.

I'm caught wondering why you seem to feel a need to respond to my posts. 

We played SJSU, Stoney Brook, Illinois University and were to have played UMass last year. 

We played Towson, Northern Illinois, Syracuse and FSU in 2016.

We played Florida A&M, FSU, Maryland and Syracuse in 2015.

We played Western Carolina, Maryland, NC State and Wisconsin in 2014.

We played McNeese, Michigan State, DAU and Miami (FL) in 2013.

So my post was accurate and 2017 was our worst schedule in at least 5 years or more and the worst since entering the age of the American.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

34 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I'm caught wondering why you seem to feel a need to respond to my posts. 

We played SJSU, Stoney Brook, Illinois University and were to have played UMass last year. 

We played Towson, Northern Illinois, Syracuse and FSU in 2016.

We played Florida A&M, FSU, Maryland and Syracuse in 2015.

We played Western Carolina, Maryland, NC State and Wisconsin in 2014.

We played McNeese, Michigan State, DAU and Miami (FL) in 2013.

So my post was accurate and 2017 was our worst schedule in at least 5 years or more and the worst since entering the age of the American.

Because I wouldn't say our 2017 schedule was the worst in a long time as if we usually crush it on the strength of schedule and last year's anomaly was the only reason our offense appeared to be any good.

2017 SOS - 80

2016 SOS - 65

2015 SOS - 67

2014 SOS - 84

2013 SOS - 75

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Because I wouldn't say our 2017 schedule was the worst in a long time as if we usually crush it on the strength of schedule and last year's anomaly was the only reason our offense appeared to be any good.

2017 SOS - 80

2016 SOS - 65

2015 SOS - 67

2014 SOS - 84

2013 SOS - 75

You forgot that our SOS last year climbed because we missed UMass and UCF did better then expected but, I understand.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

You forgot that our SOS last year climbed because we missed UMass and UCF did better then expected but, I understand.

And that made our offense better? Your original statement was that our offense wasn’t as good as it looked because of our weak schedule. I pointed out that it was reasonably comparable to previous years. But you think playing the #4 team in the country and not playing UMass helped us pad our stats even more?

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This! So many on this board are longing for the Gulf Coast Offense to be present. Guess what? Too bad! It’s gone with Willie. Let’s see what Gilbert does with this group suited to play his offense. I personally don’t need 30 points a game as long as the offense milks the clock and the defense plays well (and these two relate). We will win a large share of games this year. 

Can't wait to go 7 - 5 and playing those 12 to 6 games again. That was fun.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And that made our offense better? Your original statement was that our offense wasn’t as good as it looked because of our weak schedule. I pointed out that it was reasonably comparable to previous years. But you think playing the #4 team in the country and not playing UMass helped us pad our stats even more?

No, I mean that our schedule was actually worse then the end number reported. If you look at it as a complete season, we feasted on the lower schools with great numbers in stats. Yes we did pretty well against UCF and Houston but lost those games. we padded our stats against Temple and UC holding them to 7 and 3 points respectively. The schedule looked better at the end of the season then it truly was. Our season stats were misleading. At least that's my take on it.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

33 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Can't wait to go 7 - 5 and playing those 12 to 6 games again. That was fun.

Come on man...7-5? Try 9-3 and with a few breaks who knows. Give me 12 to 6 games all day long “if” it wins us us a conf champ. But again...this team will constantly get around 25 pts and if they control clock good things will happen. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

No, I mean that our schedule was actually worse then the end number reported. If you look at it as a complete season, we feasted on the lower schools with great numbers in stats. Yes we did pretty well against UCF and Houston but lost those games. we padded our stats against Temple and UC holding them to 7 and 3 points respectively. The schedule looked better at the end of the season then it truly was. Our season stats were misleading. At least that's my take on it.

Temple O got a lot better as the season went on so I am glad we played them when we did. Still, last years D was better than the year prior and this years D could be even better as the season progresses and the newbes get some experience 

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Reading this part of the article is daunting..."[w]ithout Deatrick Nichols, Auggie Sanchez, Devin Abraham, Deadrin Senat and Bruce Hector, the Bulls will have to find ways to disrupt offenses with different personnel."  Each one is a big loss, but when you read all of their names together...a lot of big shoes to fill.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, BullFan98 said:

Reading this part of the article is daunting..."[w]ithout Deatrick Nichols, Auggie Sanchez, Devin Abraham, Deadrin Senat and Bruce Hector, the Bulls will have to find ways to disrupt offenses with different personnel."  Each one is a big loss, but when you read all of their names together...a lot of big shoes to fill.

Exactly this. That's a lot of talent, production,  and leadership to replace. Not to be alarmist because there's a ton of time until the first game, but that could explain why the offense looks so good so far. This offense thrives on stuff between the tackles and Auggie, Hector, and Senat were a load up the middle for us. 

Edited by Bull Dozer