• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Optimism for next football season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Brian Norris.

No doubt.

He will be an early enrollee and will play spring ball. I don't think he will take a red shirt. He's the big power back (6'2, 220 pounds) that CCS likes.

Strong/Gilbert do not use more than 2 RBs in their rotation. For a kid that doesn’t have great speed and played lower level ball he will need an adjustment year. His film is not impressive and shows that.

Do not be surprised if Cronkrite is used like Foreman was during their last year at Texas. He would have been the starter this year if eligible.

Sands will most likely be the #2 and Bell and Mack will fight for garbage time.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

25 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

In the fall, If he proves himself better than some of the older guys and beats them out why red shirt him?

I'm definitely agreeing with you, but if that happens, I hope it's because he's that good and not because the others are that bad.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Cronkrite in the backfield and the weapons we have at wr makes you ready for August! It's gonna be a loooong offseason

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm definitely agreeing with you, but if that happens, I hope it's because he's that good and not because the others are that bad.

Would be great to a have stud freshman RB (Marlin Mack) that pays dividends even more in soph and Jr years

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, BullFan98 said:

Who takes over for Auggie....Sawtelle? 

Probably Sawtelle, but im hoping they can get a guy with better physical tools. Can you imagine if Auggie had been quicker on his feet? He would broken that tackle record his junior year lol. Maybe Kierston Johnson? I think he plays LB right? 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

16 hours ago, 7overlord said:

Strong/Gilbert do not use more than 2 RBs in their rotation. For a kid that doesn’t have great speed and played lower level ball he will need an adjustment year. His film is not impressive and shows that.

Do not be surprised if Cronkrite is used like Foreman was during their last year at Texas. He would have been the starter this year if eligible.

You just saved me  a lot of typing on this.  Norris is a head scratcher for me in this class.  Nothing about him pops off the tape at me considering it's 2A competition....

Also, heard the same think about Cronkite.....

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

13 hours ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Probably Sawtelle, but im hoping they can get a guy with better physical tools. Can you imagine if Auggie had been quicker on his feet? He would broken that tackle record his junior year lol. Maybe Kierston Johnson? I think he plays LB right? 

I'm hoping Johnson can put on enough weight to be in that discussion.  Yes it was garbage time but that kid showed fantastic instincts and was constantly making plays when he did get on the field.   He looked to be more athletic than Sawtelle too from what I saw.   We need to get more athletic at LB with all of the spread offenses in our conference.  

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Johnson is a LB and his PT was just starting to increase when he got injured. I think the kid will be a good one and a main cog in one of our LB positions for the next 3 years.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,549
  • Days Won:  28

17 hours ago, 7overlord said:

I thought he looked fast in his film. At his size, he pretty much went untouched at in most of his runs.