• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Optimism for next football season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

On 11/30/2017 at 9:10 PM, SoFlo All Day said:

Probably Sawtelle, but im hoping they can get a guy with better physical tools. Can you imagine if Auggie had been quicker on his feet? He would broken that tackle record his junior year lol. Maybe Kierston Johnson? I think he plays LB right? 

Auggie was a stud despite his physical impediments. Yes Johnson is a LB, but don't recall him getting much playing time; I believe he is a freshman as well.  I do recall Sawtelle in on a lot of plays. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

I think the team regresses significantly on the offensive side of the ball while the defense continues to show improvement, and expect special teams to struggle.

I expect a record of 7-5 or 6-6 mainly in part to a weak AAC East.

Seven wins is probably a fair assessment but due to the quality of the league it can be a crap shoot year to year. Nine wins out of no where would not surprise me either. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Seven wins is probably a fair assessment but due to the quality of the league it can be a crap shoot year to year. Nine wins out of no where would not surprise me either. 

I think at least 8 every year in this conference should be the expectation. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

5 minutes ago, SoFlo All Day said:

I think at least 8 every year in this conference should be the expectation. 

I agree.  We'll have 8 wins minimum

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

15 hours ago, BullFan98 said:

Auggie was a stud despite his physical impediments. Yes Johnson is a LB, but don't recall him getting much playing time; I believe he is a freshman as well.  I do recall Sawtelle in on a lot of plays. 

Johnson was hurt pretty badly in the temple game and HE thought he might not play again this year. However, after sitting out a few games, he eventually saw limited action.

http://www.tbo.com/blogs/bulls/usf-journal-keirston-johnson-expected-to-play-saturday/2342353?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tbo%2Fbucs+(TBO+>+Bucs)

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

16 hours ago, BullFan98 said:

Johnson got a bit of PT early in the year and got hurt. Before that he was consistently making plays while on the field. He's a guy to watch because of his instincts and athleticism. If he can put on the required weight he'll be in the thick of the LB battle. The kid can play 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

There's this dude called Octavious http://www.hudl.com/profile/4233204/octavious-battle

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

There's this dude called Octavious http://www.hudl.com/profile/4233204/octavious-battle

His name alone will make him my favorite player.