• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS hates it here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 minutes ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

People outside of USF love CCS. I root for those people; I hope their aspirations come true.

I'm at a point that I'm willing to entertain the idea of schiano football at USF. Yes, it has gotten to that place for me.

So you want a defensive minded coach who's entire offense is built around handing the ball off to a single RB 30 times a game? I guess that works if you have Ray Rice. Fingers crossed he finds a first round draft pick to come to USF sometime soon. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, JTrue said:

List of things I'd like to have happen before Schiano becomes our new coach:

1. Catch gonorrhea. 

2. Re-hire Chris Cosh as our DC.

3. Be forced to eat Grape Nuts for breakfast every morning.

4. Live in a world where the first three Indiana Jones movies don't exist, but Kingdom of the Crystal Skull does.

5. Have Donald Trump win a second term.

I might have to quit working at USF if Schiano became coach.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Okay... I misspoke! I was only expressing my frustration with what's happened to the offense.

CCS and pooano football @ USF aren't mutually exclusive! Amen.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

Okay... I misspoke! I was only expressing my frustration with what's happened to the offense.

CCS and pooano football @ USF aren't mutually exclusive! Amen.

Glad you turn that around. I was at the point where I was going to tell you to come to my office and bring your playbook. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

stays great

goes great

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

If CCS moves on this year, Harlan should look towards an up and coming coordinator at a P5 school.  I would be fine with Larry Scott.  Programs like USF/UCF tend do better with an up and coming coach who is looking to build their career and move on.  Coaches like that pour their heart and soul in to the job.  Hiring a retread like Strong who has been at the P5 level, they truly never feel vested in the program, i.e. Strong/Holtz.  The 2 best coaches in USF history have been Leavitt and Taggart both have been young coaches on an upward trajectory and it helped that they were both from the area.   Leavitt a DC and Taggart a coach at a smaller school.  

Schiano would be the worst possible move Harlan could make. :puke:

Edited by El_Toro_86

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2017/07/urban_meyer_greg_schiano_turned_down_2_head_coach.html

CHICAGO -- How good is life as a defensive coordinator at Big Ten power Ohio StateGood enough that Greg Schiano turned down two offers to leave for a promotion, according to coach Urban Meyer.

"He was offered two head coaching jobs -- two significant head coaching jobs -- and he made a decision to come back," Meyer said when asked by NJ Advance Media. "I've known Greg for a long time -- and he's a head coach. He will be a head coach (again)."

One of those two jobs is believed to be Oregon, which eventually went to South Florida's Willie Taggart. Schiano was also linked to Tampa-based South Florida this past offseason, when it was a relatively quiet coaching carousel.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

If CCS moves on this year, Harlan should look towards an up and coming coordinator at a P5 school.  I would be fine with Larry Scott.  Programs like USF/UCF tend do better with an up and coming coach who is looking to build their career and move on.  Coaches like that pour their heart and soul in to the job.  Hiring a retread like Strong who has been at the P5 level, they truly never feel vested in the program, i.e. Strong/Holtz.  The 2 best coaches in USF history have been Leavitt and Taggart both have been young coaches on an upward trajectory and it helped that they were both from the area.   Leavitt a DC and Taggart a coach at a smaller school.  

Schiano would be the worst possible move Harlan could make. :puke:

In fairness, Holtz fit that mold-an up and coming coach from a smaller school who was looking to win big for a few years and move on. he just didn't pan out the way people expected. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Fully agree with Lane Kiffin... I don't understand the hate for this guy. He made some mistakes but he's learned from it.