• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS hates it here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

On 11/18/2017 at 8:54 PM, wesleywillis said:

Believe what you want, I only post if I have something useful.   Used to work in athletics for a number of years so I couldn't post when I worked

But please don't mention me in the same breath as ucif.   This is why many of us don't post here....

I don't know if you're legit or not, and what you say could be true (his body language surely shows it, but he seemed similar at UL & UT).

I've heard some conflicting reports, that he's frustrated with a few things, but looking forward to getting his guys on board & building his own team.  Who knows, other than a small group?

I will say that I'm not giving you a hard time, but I don't know how/why someone would be part of a blog community and NOT chime in.  I work more hours than most, and travel a fair amount...but I take time to read & opine.  Being part of the discussion & interaction is what makes TBP the best Bulls blog out there.

Good thing is, we'll find out about Strong soon enough.  But as said before, beat UCF and the rest of the chips can fall where they may.  If he loses to UCF, his stock likely suffers, as he'll have beaten only teams with losing records with a well stocked team from Taggart (which Strong admitted early)...but lost to the only 2 teams he faced with winning records.  That's not exactly a resume that screams for a Tennessee or UCLA to poach him.

On 11/19/2017 at 9:16 AM, SpikeBull said:

So lately UF has had pretty good defenses and won despite offenses that didn't meet expectations yet they couldn't fire the coach fast enough.

I fail to see why CCS wouldn't be at the top of their list!

there is NO WAY UF hires Strong (or any DC or defensive minded coach).  They are looking to get an explosive offense that McElwain promised, but failed miserably to provide. UF will always get amazing talent on offense.  But they have whiffed on QBs (maybe they've recruited well, but not developed).

I have no doubt UF won't take CCS, unless they tire of Shannon, and want to upgrade (and CCS is ok with a DC gig).  But Arky/OleMiss and the like might be interested, in large part due to his recruiting chops in FL.

On 11/20/2017 at 5:21 PM, CoralSpringsBull said:

As I wrote on the message board last week, I am a math tutor for FAU football players. Kiffin has completely turned around the football program and many students now wear FAU apparell. There is much excitement around the FAU campus about the Lane Train. Kiffin runs a very fast-paced no huddle offense. They have a very young team who will again win the C-USA east division title next year. If Charlie Strong leaves, I would very much want Kiffin to be our coach. However, I agree, he will only leave Owl Nation ( I know that is funny) for a power five conference not our beloved Bulls. 

I'll add that I work in Palm Beach, and I'm seeing more & more FAU gear on casual work days.  He is bringing excitement back, and getting butts in seats.  

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

27 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

there is NO WAY UF hires Strong (or any DC or defensive minded coach).  They are looking to get an explosive offense that McElwain promised, but failed miserably to provide. UF will always get amazing talent on offense.  But they have whiffed on QBs (maybe they've recruited well, but not developed).

I have no doubt UF won't take CCS, unless they tire of Shannon, and want to upgrade (and CCS is ok with a DC gig).  But Arky/OleMiss and the like might be interested, in large part due to his recruiting chops in FL.

UF's best years have been with Danny Wueffel, Chris Leak, Tim Tebow and a dominate defense.  They have never been offensive juggernauts. 

On 11/22/2017 at 9:52 PM, DELdaBull said:

UF's best years have been with Danny Wueffel, Chris Leak, Tim Tebow and a dominate defense.  They have never been offensive juggernauts. 

So, they tried to get Kelly, Frost & got Mullens. I don't know about be juggernauts, but they could put up points, and they have been WOEFUL the last 2 coaches, and their fans/boosters are sick of it.  They KNOW they can play defense on talent alone.  They want/need a potent offense...and though Mullens may have been the 3 or 4th choice, he should help out.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 11/22/2017 at 9:11 PM, JupiterBull said:

I don't know if you're legit or not, and what you say could be true (his body language surely shows it, but he seemed similar at UL & UT).

I've heard some conflicting reports, that he's frustrated with a few things, but looking forward to getting his guys on board & building his own team.  Who knows, other than a small group?

I will say that I'm not giving you a hard time, but I don't know how/why someone would be part of a blog community and NOT chime in.  I work more hours than most, and travel a fair amount...but I take time to read & opine.  Being part of the discussion & interaction is what makes TBP the best Bulls blog out there.

Good thing is, we'll find out about Strong soon enough.  But as said before, beat UCF and the rest of the chips can fall where they may.  If he loses to UCF, his stock likely suffers, as he'll have beaten only teams with losing records with a well stocked team from Taggart (which Strong admitted early)...but lost to the only 2 teams he faced with winning records.  That's not exactly a resume that screams for a Tennessee or UCLA to poach him.

I don't think reading Strong's body language is a worthwhile use of time. I think that's just who he is, happy or angry he's not a press conference/talk to folks person and his body language is going to reflect his unhappiness doing that.

9 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I don't think reading Strong's body language is a worthwhile use of time. I think that's just who he is, happy or angry he's not a press conference/talk to folks person and his body language is going to reflect his unhappiness doing that.

Agree, and I tried to downplay that as maybe just who he is.

I did hear from some Gators alum that word from a Gville reporter is that Strong reached out to UF to express interest in the job, and disappointment that he wasn't contacted.  Not sure if that's fact or speculation, but would not surprise.

I like Strong as a recruiter, but not sold on him as a coach.  But...he doesn't have to please me.  I do hope he stays, and does well in recruiting & getting our team set to excel in the coming years.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, JupiterBull said:

Agree, and I tried to downplay that as maybe just who he is.

I did hear from some Gators alum that word from a Gville reporter is that Strong reached out to UF to express interest in the job, and disappointment that he wasn't contacted.  Not sure if that's fact or speculation, but would not surprise.

I like Strong as a recruiter, but not sold on him as a coach.  But...he doesn't have to please me.  I do hope he stays, and does well in recruiting & getting our team set to excel in the coming years.

I feel the same.  I'd rather he stay and recruit for his system even though it doesn't excite me than have us lose a recruiting class which we could have happen too often since we're a stepping stone for coaches.

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/22/2017 at 6:49 PM, mellobull said:

UT  some of the alumni hated him from the getgo

This. Strong wasn't given a fair shake at Texas.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

Gundy Turns down Tenn's 6 year/42 million/ to state at oklahoma state.

:popcorn: