• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

16 minutes ago, charsibb said:

I'm happier now than I was in the first quarter vs. SJSU. Amazing what happens to your peace of mind when you lower your expectations...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, 72bull said:

USF -38 for the best year ever (so far)?  Expectations were too high.

Purdue is +99, despite not having done much on the field. FIU is negative despite their best ever start. Inexact science to be sure, but we definitely don't do well in the "panic factor" category. 8-1 season and ranked, but you'd never know it with the negative posts (myself included sometimes). I'd think we're probably somewhat typical of any team blog though.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

10 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Purdue is +99, despite not having done much on the field. FIU is negative despite their best ever start. Inexact science to be sure, but we definitely don't do well in the "panic factor" category. 8-1 season and ranked, but you'd never know it with the negative posts (myself included sometimes). I'd think we're probably somewhat typical of any team blog though.

Happy, well adjusted individuals are not your stereotypical team sports message board inhabitants ...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

I also wonder if it reflects the fans overall disappoint in the league.  We used to be in the BE with the BCS tag.  A lot of fans haven't recovered.  That and Skippy's tenure really crippled the program from a "happy" perspective.

I honestly wonder where we would be on that list if we beat Houston.  Probably a couple of spots up.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I expected a loss or two again this year realistically even though I would have loved to run the table. at 8-1 I'm pretty happy. Even if we drop the game to Mickey I'll still be pretty happy with the season overall.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Not buying our ranking on happiness.  8-1 speaks for itself.  No way we're under 25th.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Expectations were definitely high...on the team and on the coaching staff. I think they've done a pretty great job considering it's year 1. I mean, CSH did okay with his first year having good talent, CWT did horribly with his first year having mediocre talent, so I think fans should have leveled their expectations with the CSH first year--ranking would have been much higher IMO.

Could we have done better? Yeah I think so, but sitting 8-1 is pretty stinkin awesome. If we win on Black Friday, the ratings will radically change.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

5 hours ago, 72bull said:

USF -38 for the best year ever (so far)?  Expectations were too high.

Nah.  Could have won the Houston game, but went into turtle mode.  It's not the best year ever until some championships happen.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Nah.  Could have won the Houston game, but went into turtle mode.  It's not the best year ever until some championships happen.

Correct! It’s championship or bust! 

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, MMW said:

I also wonder if it reflects the fans overall disappoint in the league.  We used to be in the BE with the BCS tag.  A lot of fans haven't recovered.  That and Skippy's tenure really crippled the program from a "happy" perspective.

I honestly wonder where we would be on that list if we beat Houston.  Probably a couple of spots up.  

This..  Its going to take some upsets against big programs and some New Year Bowl wins before we are back to even. Uconn, Cincinnati and USF were the only schools left behind, its tough for all of us. Imagine what would happen to UCiFs attendance and following if they were left behind in the next round of realignment? Say East Carolina, Tulsa and UCiF remained in the AAC while every other AAC school went to the P5 conferences. AAC would then have to bring in FIU, FAU, Appalachian State, etc, their attendance would plummet. This is whats going on with us right now. Sigh..