• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

07 Rutgers v 17 Houston

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Which was worse?  Illegal forward propulsion or 4th and 24?

Rutgers was much more devastating for me because of the #2 ranking.

And after both losses we went to Storrs to play the fighting Edsalls....just sayin

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Illegal will always be worse

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Which was worse?  Illegal forward propulsion or 4th and 24?

Rutgers was much more devastating for me because of the #2 ranking.

And after both losses we went to Storrs to play the fighting Edsalls....just sayin

A better outcome vs. UConn this time is my main concern. The Rutgers loss was worse though. We get past UCF and win the conference, which is still a possibility, I'll be very happy with this season.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Rutgers was much worse. Last night felt like an exhibition game and the play calling showed we didn’t take it seriously. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Rutgers loss and that illegal forward propulsion and the PI on Amari were both BS calls.  Giving up  4th and 24 --no words.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Rutgers was worse.  The officials played a big part in the total change in momentum which resulted in a loss.  Last night, we did it to ourselves.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  0

Ask again next week if we continue to fall in a collapse. However, this one is as close as it comes to 07 in the last 10 years. Yeah we've had some really bad losses that hurt, but this one was the most avoidable.

What pisses me off most about this game is any teen controlling this team with a controller on Madden could have done better with playcalling.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

This loss reminds me more of the voodoo 5 loss at uconn.   I know we weren't undefeated at the time, but we had a legit chance at a bcs bowl and a lot was riding on that game.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

07 Rutgers will forever be the worst loss in program history, at least for the foreseeable future. Nothing quite feels like scoring the TD that was going to break the game open only to have a review call it back and then somehow get penalty yards tacked on to the play after the review. Only there is no way that the refs could have saw what they claim to have saw on said review. Never saw anything like it before it happened and I’m not sure I’ve seen anything like it since. I remember it like yesterday, Ruck futgers. 

10 months from now 4th and 24 will hurt, 10 years from now I doubt I will remember it but I’ll never forget that cold October night in Piscataway NJ. 

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

19 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

07 Rutgers will forever be the worst loss in program history, at least for the foreseeable futur

It was a frustrating, emotional loss to be sure. There were huge implications had we won. After the Rutgers game I was pissed at what slipped through our fingers but felt it was an anomaly and we were going to have a special season.

Our worst loss came in 2013. Fresh off two straight awful losing seasons under Holtz. USF football was at an all time low. The Big East conference was dissolved and we were relegated to small time football. There was a glimmer of hope. Willie Taggart, an enthusiastic young program builder stated his goal was to win multiple championships at USF in a first class manner. Maybe it was time to believe again. And then McNeese happened. Blown out by an FCS team in a home opener when we thought we were already at rock bottom. Remember this?

AR-130839797.jpg