• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

07 Rutgers v 17 Houston

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

As for the Rutgers play... the thing that always haunts me is this... up until that point, I had NEVER seen a flag thrown after a replay. The whole replay system was gaining traction, but, there was no flag on the play until they reviewed it (reviewing the turnover I guess), then, they came out after the review and called the penalty. It was crazy.

Rutgers will always hurt more because of the impact.

This one bugs me more because that 2007 team didn't have much more to give. Sure, bad plays and mistakes, but, it's football, things happen. This one was in my opinion the culmination of a conservative coach that has throttled back the offense. There were glimpses of what this offense could be with short passes and running, but, in my opinion the talent on this team was enough to win and the coaching staff let them down.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

On 10/30/2017 at 4:47 PM, JoeB said:

4th and 24 is way worse than the illegal propulsion.  You're talking about a win vs a flag before halftime

Definitely this, if you're just talking about specific plays .... if you're talking losses, Rutgers 07.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this was worse.what a choke job.senior qb,improved defense,better and more skilled players

2 records on the line

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smazza said:

this was worse.what a choke job.senior qb,improved defense,better and more skilled players

2 records on the line

Yet the most important goals are still attainable ...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

4th and 24 was on this team; illegal forward propulsion and mystery interference were poor calls against us. I think Rutgers was worse. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, Triple B said:

Very much so. This loss may turn out to be not much of anything if we end up winning the conference. Another loss in the regular season  would suck though, because it almost certainly puts us out of it.

On 11/1/2017 at 8:47 AM, Triple B said:

16 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Very much so. This loss may turn out to be not much of anything if we end up winning the conference. Another loss in the regular season  would suck though, because it almost certainly puts us out of it.

Hopefully the only thing it may have ended up doing was losing us the ccg. Personally, I would have loved to have had the game here but I'm thinking it would have been an embarrassment overall attendence wide ...

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Hopefully the only thing it may have ended up doing was losing us the ccg. Personally, I would have loved to have had the game here but I'm thinking it would have been an embarrassment overall attendence wide ...

It would be an embarrassment if Memphis or SMU host as well, Navy...not so much.

42 minutes ago, Triple B said:

18 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

It would be an embarrassment if Memphis or SMU host as well, Navy...not so much.

Not for USF ......

Doubt SMU would have a decent crowd but I think Memphis would, as would Navy or Houston ...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Memphis will be a tough place to win. Always cold and rain that time of the year. SMU would be better as they would not get too many fans and they are the weaker team.