• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It just hit me

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, Gismo said:

:facepalm:

Our leading receiver is a running back. 

:facepalm:

Do our receivers not have any pride? They let a freakin running back have more receiving yards than them.

If I may be so bold...

Bench MVS.

Line up McCants, Antoine and Saloman.  Clerveaux or Dukes as well.

Stop running up middle 60% of time.

#FreeQuinton, #FreeTheOffense

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

36 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

You're right. Unfortunately winning ugly is worse than losing valiantly in college football. It is pretty dumb... in the nfl if you win every game by 1 point, you are the world champions. In CFB you win by 36, THIRTY SIX, and espn ***** on you. Btw USF almost doubled the spread.

Props to Coach Strong and Co. on this D. Hopefully we get our **** together on the other side of the ball.

This offense is just different. Funny how we are complaining about only having 43 points. Absolutely should have been at least 60. 

I kind of think what Strong is saying about taking what the defense is giving us is BS. Temple D was bottling uo the middle and we kept running there. Q is much better deep on a post and we never throw deep down the middle. That defense was ripe for a read option  not one all night. Gilbert did nothing for Q to loosen up the middle of the field. He doesn't really do much to put Flowers in position to use his strengths. Frustrating, but it seems to be working we are putting points up. 

33 minutes ago, Brad said:

If I may be so bold...

Bench MVS.

Line up McCants, Antoine and Saloman.  Clerveaux or Dukes as well.

Stop running up middle 60% of time.

#FreeQuinton, #FreeTheOffense

That Alaka kid catches everything. Salomon has shown me nothing at all yet. We need more quick hitters to Mccants in the slot. He is tough to bring down. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681

2 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

This offense is just different. Funny how we are complaining about only having 43 points. Absolutely should have been at least 60. 

I kind of think what Strong is saying about taking what the defense is giving us is BS. Temple D was bottling uo the middle and we kept running there. Q is much better deep on a post and we never throw deep down the middle. That defense was ripe for a read option  not one all night. Gilbert did nothing for Q to loosen up the middle of the field. He doesn't really do much to put Flowers in position to use his strengths. Frustrating, but it seems to be working we are putting points up. 

I don't get why we don't use options.... ever. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

We got used to having a great offense. And then when the defense played, we hoped they don't break. Sometimes they did.

Now, the defensive is alive. But we are cursed with a stalled offense.

I guess miss the old offense too much -it's at Oregon now. Dang it all.

3 points -----> X 100 = 300 points! We win!

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Speaking of Special Teams, Special Teams Player of the Game is Trevon Sands.  Masses would say Nadelman.  I vote Sands.  Hustle machine.  Punishing on ST.  

Agree with you on Sands. Also looked pretty good at RB in garbage time.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

6 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I think I saw once and it was a slant or something across the middle.  I said WHOA A TE!!!!

They threw one tonight, a flag route by the goal line, wasn’t caught. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

7 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

We actually ran to the left the most, they even put up a graphic during the game.  We won, we had 312 rushing yards.  Flowers had an off night, he knows it.

To the left, still between the tackles. What I am saying is we are not exploiting the edge. The are running behind Mayes.

I believe this offense is still as good, if not better than last year. Through 4 games total yards are fairly similar. Maybe a difference of 25 yards.  I don't compare scoring because different philosophy about scoring later in the game this year vs last. 

Flowers had rough games last year and the team had some slow starts last year as well. We were down by 17 early vs Syracuse. 

It is a team game. We are a better team this year.  Also, I believe our T.O.P. is up. I think this bodes well at the end of the year because I think the defense may be little frrsher than last year late in the season.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

44 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

To the left, still between the tackles. What I am saying is we are not exploiting the edge. The are running behind Mayes.

I believe this offense is still as good, if not better than last year. Through 4 games total yards are fairly similar. Maybe a difference of 25 yards.  I don't compare scoring because different philosophy about scoring later in the game this year vs last. 

Flowers had rough games last year and the team had some slow starts last year as well. We were down by 17 early vs Syracuse. 

It is a team game. We are a better team this year.  Also, I believe our T.O.P. is up. I think this bodes well at the end of the year because I think the defense may be little frrsher than last year late in the season.

we will be in trouble if a team can stop the runs between the tackles. I hope it's just Gilbert calling a conservative game considering the score. this seems like an easy offense to stop. last year I felt we could score at will. this year not so much.

we need to use our speed to our advantage. attack the edges. use misdirection.  Gilbert is predictable