• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Official TBP In Game Thread: Bulls vs. Illinois Fighting Illini

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

That doesn't explain how you came to the conclusion that we backed into a win tonight.  

Because had we played a decent team tonight we would have lost, and the playoffs would be an actual zero chance

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

13 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

What do you base this on?  We started at 19, there haven't even been that many big losses in the top 25 ... 

You're in Cali ... are the shrooms and weed THAT good out there? ;)

No, the answer is no. But I’m in a city known to party 10x’s harder than Cali so what do I know? 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, charsibb said:

Because had we played a decent team tonight we would have lost, and the playoffs would be an actual zero chance

Come on now.  Your hypothetical scenario is completely separate from the actual performance of our team tonight.  

I can't handle any more of this nonsensical argument and it's late here on the East Coast.  I'm going to bed.  Happy victory Saturday everyone!

Just now, 206BULL said:

No, the answer is no. But I’m in a city known to party 10x’s harder than Cali so what do I know? 

you know more than me!  

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

9 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Offense has taken a HUGE step backward.

Again, RECORD number in offensive yardage vs an FBS program (let alone "P5").  How can you objectively justify this statement?

You've traded your green and gold glasses for opaque lenses.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

9 minutes ago, NCBull said:

Again, RECORD number in offensive yardage vs an FBS program (let alone "P5").  How can you objectively justify this statement?

You've traded your green and gold glasses for opaque lenses.

Say what? I can't hear you. LOL

I just don't feel confident that we're going to be able to play well against our conference foes. That all this undisciplined pay is going to come back and bite us in the collective ass. Hope I'm wrong.

I agree with GA. Time for bed.

Good night and Go BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b00c42130ec28332859e14ea858806af31c86684

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

30 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Some people just need something to complain about.  The offense showed what they're capable of, the defense has been playing really good this season, and we're still undefeated.  People talking about college football playoffs, how about we get our first conference championship.  We just rolled what was a 2-0 team and looked pretty impressive doing it.  People arguing about garbage points and the college football playoffs.  USF ran up 600 yards of offense and the starting defense played lights out except for a couple of hiccups.   

A lot would have to happen for USF to make the college football playoffs and those things are not that likely to occur.  How about we just enjoy what could be our best season ever and let everything else take care of itself?  Just last week most people were complaining that he didn't open up the offense against teams we didn't need to that with.  It's craziness.

Agreed. Running the table and winning the conference is what I'm hoping for. The playoff talk is amusing, but I guess "homer" type thinking is to be expected on a team blog. BTW, the offense was actually around 680 yards, which I'll take any day no matter the opponent....

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

I was at the game and feel better about the season than after I did the first two games. Offense was clicking for the most part once QF settled in. Some of the runs were spectacular. Students did a pretty good job filling their section. Wasn't sure why the opening delay. It was only light rain and I didn't see any lightning. Most frustrating part of the game other than the obnoxious drunk in our section was the penalties. Whew.....that was tough to deal with.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,550
  • Days Won:  423

4 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

The playoff talk is amusing, but I guess "homer" type thinking is to be expected on a team blog.

Remember that "fan" is short for fanatical and we have some fans that do their best to live up to that ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

21 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Say what? I can't hear you. LOL

I just don't feel confident that we're going to be able to play well against our conference foes. That all this undisciplined pay is going to come back and bite us in the collective ass. Hope I'm wrong.

I agree with GA. Time for bed.

Good night and Go BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b00c42130ec28332859e14ea858806af31c86684

Come to Vegas Thursday. I’ll be watching our first American game at the Ale House at Town Square along with my Rams game in an homage to my time spent in Bonita Springs and the countless nights I spent at the Ale house at Gulf Coast Town Center(second only to Johnny Malloy’s) doing the “Gulf Coast Shuffle”. Drinks and USF starting 1-0 in AAC play is on me...

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This team just needs to play cleaner football. A few of our penalties were because Flowers wasn't waiting for people to get set at the snap, and those are super correctable. Well clean up some of the drops, We'll correct Sent's helmet to helmet stuff, and the line will gain continuity and stop with the false start as the gel to the new system and each other. 

This feels like the first few games where we put it together in 15, then we exploded on Cincinnati. If this team can start playing clean football, watch out.