• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Official TBP In Game Thread: Bulls vs. Illinois Fighting Illini

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

14 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Don't have cable, so no access to espn3.com

Sling TV is only $20 & the sports package is $5, with tax I pay around $27. Next game on espn give it a try and cancel in the 7 day window no charge

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, charsibb said:

MVS got 96 and Antoine got 93, why not get both of them over 100 as well?

CCS admitted in the post-game that they left Tice and DJ in to let them get 100. Why not the receivers?

I don't think CCS gets the bigger pictures.

I still don't like him, I need more proof.

Not ready to give up the #gutless moniker

I don't think he's gutless but he plays a conservative gentlemanly game that a G5 team can't afford to play if they want to play on a national level.

He doesn't understand or hasn't internalized that by virtue of our conference we are looked down on and have to win bigger and better than a P5 team if you want to build a national program. We don't have the margin of error the perennial media darlings do. We can't afford close games, slow starts, losses or weak areas. This is the one year we should have a complete team that dominates and I'm not sure he is the guy to do it.

Now if you want to quietly win the AAC he may be just the guy. If you want to make a splash nationally he isn't.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Just now, Roaming Bull said:

Sling TV is only $20 & the sports package is $5, with tax I pay around $27. Next game on espn give it a try and cancel in the 7 day window no charge

I had Sling when I had Dish. Didn't know I could buy it without the dish...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I don't think he's gutless but he plays a conservative gentlemanly game that a G5 team can't afford to play if they want to play on a national level.

He doesn't understand or hasn't internalized that by virtue of our conference we are looked down on and have to win bigger and better than a P5 team if you want to build a national program. We don't have the margin of error the perennial media darlings do. We can't afford close games, slow starts, losses or weak areas. This is the one year we should have a complete team that dominates and I'm not sure he is the guy to do it.

Now if you want to quietly win the AAC he may be just the guy. If you want to make a splash nationally he isn't.

Thank you for saying it better than I did.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Guys, we just beat a Big 10 team by 24 points.  We beat the spread by a touchdown.  We got backups and underclassmen in the game and valuable experience against said Big 10 team.  

I'd say tonight was a rousing success for Bulls football in 2017.  Don't understand how any negatives, outside of special teams play, can be found tonight.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

We smashed a Big Ten team. After a hurricane. On like two days practice.  And the first post I see here is one in which the commenter calls our coach "gutless".  just. so. dumb. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Why not?  If we keep winning, we'll still be the highest ranked G5 team and still get a NY6 bowl.  We never had any real shot to make it to the CFP, so why would CCS have to be an ass and run up the score?  There is no benefit to it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Thank you for saying it better than I did.

It's expectations. His goals are probably different than ours are. We are invested in USF going to the next level. He probably isn't so much.

Taggart got that. He knew that for himself and for USF we needed to be splashy. Win big, be sexy, it attracts the press and it attracts the recruits.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Don't understand how any negatives, outside of special teams play, can be found tonight.  

And WR drops

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

4 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

It's so funny.  Last year when USF was throwing late in the 4th against ECU, so many (not saying you were one of them, GBS) were saying that it was low class of CWT to be throwing our 1st team against them with the game in hand.

Now, we have the game more in hand, and people are ******** that we need to score more when the game is even less in doubt.

I love TBP and our fanbase so much.  

• Upvote 2