• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Official TBP In Game Thread: Bulls vs. Illinois Fighting Illini

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441
  • Days Won:  2

39 minutes ago, charsibb said:

I just hope Python's able to record the whole thing, so we can watch the replay.

I'm listen to iHeart and have to say, I like that we're not calling off the dogs.

Put. Boot. To. Neck.

I'll have to see what i got. I set my timer to record the game but if they switched networks I won't have whatever was after the switch since I was at the game. I'd have to see if I can get the rest and splice it together. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

8 hours ago, Azmodi said:

Your words to Gods ears.  I wasn't afraid of anything prior to the season starting but, after the Stony Brook game? I'm afraid of everything.

I'll be hunkered down in a safe zone as I'm still without power or internet. I'll remain in my semi conscious state until I get news that the Bulls have won.

P.S. Writing this from work. I'll be stuck here until kickoff. So I've got that going for me.

Told ya :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Just now, Calibull said:

Some people just need something to complain about.  The offense showed what they're capable of, the defense has been playing really good this season, and we're still undefeated.  People talking about college football playoffs, how about we get our first conference championship.  We just rolled what was a 2-0 team and looked pretty impressive doing it.  People arguing about garbage points and the college football playoffs.  USF ran up 600 yards of offense and the starting defense played lights out except for a couple of hiccups.   

A lot would have to happen for USF to make the college football playoffs and those things are not that likely to occur.  How about we just enjoy what could be our best season ever and let everything else take care of itself?  Just last week most people were complaining that he didn't open up the offense against teams we didn't need to that with.  It's craziness.

We watching the same game?

Drops, stuffs, missed throws, missed blocks, penalties, blocked kicks, etc. We looked like we're still playing preseason lntrasquad games.

We've simply been lucky that our opponents have been more inept than we were.

Granted, the defense is better than last year, but that's no great feat.

Offense has taken a HUGE step backward.

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

:facepalm:

Oh, the wry laughter you are evoking from me tonight. 

We literally did none of those things.  We got a dominant win tonight.  

We beat a high school team tonight. Second youngest team in the entire NCAA

The only reason we won is because Illinois is one of the worst

Just now, charsibb said:

We watching the same game?

Drops, stuffs, missed throws, missed blocks, penalties, blocked kicks, etc. We looked like we're still playing preseason lntrasquad games.

We've simply been lucky that our opponents have been more inept than we were.

Granted, the defense is better than last year, but that's no great feat.

Offense has taken a HUGE step backward.

lord... I remember what you were saying about Taggart during that 8-5 and the start of the 11-2 season.  So yeah... I'm not entertaining it. 

3 minutes ago, python815 said:

I'll have to see what i got. I set my timer to record the game but if they switched networks I won't have whatever was after the switch since I was at the game. I'd have to see if I can get the rest and splice it together. 

You. Rock.

Thanks, man!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, charsibb said:

We beat a high school team tonight. Second youngest team in the entire NCAA

The only reason we won is because Illinois is one of the worst

That doesn't explain how you came to the conclusion that we backed into a win tonight.  

Great to complain about how bad your team is when they roll up over 600 yards playing their B game.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, charsibb said:

Man, you gotta get out here. You would be AMAZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

5 minutes ago, charsibb said:

All hope is not yet lost, although the light at the end of that tunnel dims with every conservative play call.

As long as we continue winning, we still have a small chance.

The chance grows with dominant play, and shrinks with conservative play

Only after our first loss, will I give up all hope.

Had we DOMINATED against SJSU, SB, and IU, we'd be Top 12-15 for next week. Instead, we'll be luck to just get back to where we started the season. This is why even victories are deflating.

I think that even with dominating performances, the climb up the ranking would be extremely slow. I don't see us at 12-15, maybe more like 16-17. Nobody would have been impressed with blowout wins over SJSU, Stony Brook, and an Illinois team that might lose all but 1 or 2 of their remaining games. I do agree with you though that we need to be more impressive against vastly inferior opposition. If blow out each of the remaining teams on our schedule, we would still have a couple of 2-loss teams in front of us. Nothing wrong with aiming high, but there's no way we get in.

This was a great effort tonight on both sides of the ball. maybe the most complete game (offense & defense, NOT special teams) that I've seen in years from this team. Illinois will probably prove to be a crap team, but I liked what I saw tonight....

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

lord... I remember what you were saying about Taggart during that 8-5 and the start of the 11-2 season.  So yeah... I'm not entertaining it. 

Glad you do, I can't even remember what I had for breakfast!