• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This play calling is pathetic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

13 minutes ago, USFbulls24 said:

We saw it two years ago. We were 1-3 after Memphis and then Taggart opened it up like crazy and unleashed QF. Saved his job. Not saying we can expect it again, but hopefully someone on that coaching staff speaks up about this garbage. 

I'm not sure that was as intentional as it was desperate.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Harlan got in Taggart's ear then. Flower's did too. Harlan understands what things were like were like before and after the change. Strong may be too established and stubborn to change things up.  

Since practices were closed we have no idea if the offense was just this bad or something else is going on. 

With the opportunities, hype and expectations this year, I would say the time is just as desparate for this team to start getting track. 

This is a fickle and fragile fanbase.  Strong and Gilbert can undo 3 years of Harlan's hardwork to get the fan base somewhat excited about this program again. I can't imagine Harlan is too happy at this point either. 

Not sure there is much he can do, but I am sure he can't be happy to see where we have regressed to

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

4 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Harlan got in Taggart's ear then.

Is this myth ever going to die?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

No, because haters are going to hate. Guess Harlan "got in Taggart's ear" today too with those McDonald's numbers Oregon put up...

Give the man his credit and keep it moving. He did a good job when it came to us. 

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Gilbert's offense smells like week old fish. He was given the keys to a Ferrari and he is driving it like a Pinto, thinking it is a SUV. USF has only used runs up the middle to keep the defense honest, we attack the corners. You think it is any coincidence that our longest run from scrimmage was a jet sweep? Last week it was an off tackle? The first scoring drive of the second half has a screen, an up and out, a TE slant across the deep middle, and no huddle? This was the drive that looked like USF and we moved down the field in about 3.5 minutes? Long drawn out slam up the middle offense, taking time between plays does not work here. Maybe the coaching staff will learn that before they get embarrassed, but I doubt it.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

41 minutes ago, Triple B said:

@Mama_Bull said something about it on another thread like it was fact ... maybe she knows something.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

Rewatching the game. There's just no way this is our permanent game plan, it honestly feels like 75% of our plays are just run up the middle and hope for the best. We HAVE to be saving the rest of the playbook for conference play... we just have to be. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, RedBull13 said:

Rewatching the game. There's just no way this is our permanent game plan, it honestly feels like 75% of our plays are just run up the middle and hope for the best. We HAVE to be saving the rest of the playbook for conference play... we just have to be. 

I heard we plan to peel it all back for the Tulsa game, setting us up nicely for the NY6 bowls.

#GetPastUConn

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

53 minutes ago, Triple B said:

11 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

@Mama_Bull said something about it on another thread like it was fact ... maybe she knows something.  

I may be misremembering but the only thing I recall about a meeting was after Willie's 2nd year, MH was asked something and all he said was something to the effect that he meets with all hc's after their seasons and he was meeting with xCWT sometime in the near future. People then ran with it ..... and again I stress, that could be a misremembrance but I'd need to see some good evidence to back up the fairy tale.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

13 hours ago, Viking_Bull said:

We throw the Deep ball and we score. What a coincidence 

+1

only time we threw the go route all game.  Taggart would cal 8 a game. he knew it was Flowers best pass and our receivers have speed and height advantage. what a joke this offense has become. anybody who thinks it's execution isn't  paying attention.