• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This play calling is pathetic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

And here I was looking most forward to seeing Kean get reps in these first two games.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

1st play of the game, Louisville has Lamar Jackson throw deep ball. Incomplete but they came out to win.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,408
  • Days Won:  13

I don't understand why they kept just running into a massive pile of defensive lineman again and again  in the middle or  how bad the offensive line was picking up blitzes. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

Louisville is on Fox. Watch the difference in playcalling that puts their dynamic QB in position to make plays. Remember him and Flowers have similar skill sets and similar numbers. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

I thought the offense Gilbert brought with him was supposed to resemble elements of Baylor and what we saw from Syracuse last year. Even what we saw from SJSU last week. Short, quick passes to spread the field and get the ball in the hands of the playmakers with some read options mixed in. Then quick strike down field. This offense looks more like what Stanford runs and what Taggart tried to bring originally. 

Someone explain it because I have no idea what Im watching so far  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I thought the offense Gilbert brought with him was supposed to resemble elements of Baylor and what we saw from Syracuse last year. Even what we saw from SJSU last week. Short, quick passes to spread the field and get the ball in the hands of the playmakers with some read options mixed in. Then quick strike down field. This offense looks more like what Stanford runs and what Taggart tried to bring originally. 

Only thing I can think of is that he will start this next week. It was my understanding that is the way they did their practices this off-season to.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687

8 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Watch Oregon.... it's the same offense Taggart used at USF, like almost the exact same. Maybe some nicer QB passes and less QB carries. And Oregon is leading 45-7 before half time. 

Edited by Gismo

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

12 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

This offense looks more like what Stanford runs and what Taggart tried to bring originally. 

This.

Dump it.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I didn't go to the spring game but I thought the offense looked ok in that game?  

I really hope we are just keeping it vanilla on purpose and doing the bare minimum to win till we get into conference play.