• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This play calling is pathetic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, Gismo said:

If the staff would look at each individual play, then rank each in terms of yards per play production, we'd do way better. just take the up the middle run out of the playbook.

We have never been and never will be a power run team...not sure why coaches keep wanting us to be that? Use Florida talent and speed correctly!!!!

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

We have never been and never will be a power run team...not sure why coaches keep wanting us to be that? Use Florida talent and speed correctly!!!!

The plan was shown early by CJL.  You have an attacking aggressive defense an on offense you have a mobile qb that runs the ball with options.

You follow that plan and you win 7-9 wins most years.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Successfully attacking the middle with the run requires attacking the edges and also deep. Simply running it into the line isn't ever going to do any good. Not when our O line gets zero push.

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Our oline has looked like a huge pile of crap so far. They cannot get any push and open up running lanes. It doesn't help that we don't throw the ball down the field much 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Maybe I am missing something, but in this offense we dont even run anything off the middle runs to play off it. No play fakes, no dump offs to a running back. Very little if any read options. 

I just dont get this offense the way it is being run so far. If we could not over power an FCS team it won't happen with the conference teams. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

33 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Winner!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, slick1ru2 said:

I don't understand why they kept just running into a massive pile of defensive lineman again and again  in the middle or  how bad the offensive line was picking up blitzes. 

Exactly. They had 7-8 in the box consistently and were daring us to throw the ball. Gilbert just continued to call the read option or inside hand off. 

Seems like Gilbert doesn't understand how to use QF. Just watch some tape from last year and see how Willie used him. Basically unstoppable. Hopefully he makes a **** adjustment heading into next weeks game. I think I've seen 1 play in the first two games that were designed qb runs. That's not nearly enough when that is his strength. 

I hope QF speaks up and tells him this week to implement some of the stuff they ran last year. The wrinkles Willie had in that offense were beautiful. Bubble screen, then bubble screen pump fake with the WR taking off on a go route, etc. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

The early games, vanilla proxy, has been used so many times over the years as an avenue of hope, but never have I seen one of our teams that seemed to be going the vanilla route, shift gears and go full on Neopolitan  when the conference slate started.  It is what it is I am afraid and at best it might be Rocky Road.

We saw it two years ago. We were 1-3 after Memphis and then Taggart opened it up like crazy and unleashed QF. Saved his job. Not saying we can expect it again, but hopefully someone on that coaching staff speaks up about this garbage. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Maybe Strong will look at the Oregon score of 77-21 and ask Taggart for some pointers.